GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bobby Witt Jr with a grand slam to save the Royals butts against the just pathetic White Sox.

And single handedly got two outs in the ninth on the field. Just another elite all-around game. 4-5, 4 RBI, 2 runs, go-ahead GS in the 8th and electric, flawless play at short.

I don’t care how much the national media is starting to write about him this year. It’s not enough. There’s not a more complete player nor a player who carries his team more this year in baseball.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019

McCann somehow stayed in the game after this. That's NHL-level toughness right there.
mdtnk8hnoiszjkzmobqy.jpeg
It was the first inning of the first game of a doubleheader, and he caught all 9 innings. They apparently tested/monitored him for concussion symptoms all game long (which he continued to pass.) Manager said post-game that they were pretty sure he had a broken nose.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It's literally everything that can go wrong will go wrong with the Phillies right now :laugh:. Lucky the Braves have been a .500 team since May 1st.

Reactions: SoupNazi

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Is Ron Washington not the most ridiculous, cantankerous backwards manager?

They trade Estevez and Garcia... Joyce presumably closes but people know Washington is not going to go with conventional wisdom. But ... But... Joyce goes for the 8th and throws 6 pitches to get out of the inning. So you would think given the workload he would take the 9th? No ... No sir .. Hunter Strickland.. you know.. because he was a failed closer back in the day. How can the Angels carry on with this guy? Strickland sails through but it seems so ridiculous you would not let Joyce take the ball in the 9th.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Seriously, when I first heard of the pitch clock idea I was against it, but it has been great having games that last 2 and a half hours is so much better, nice to not having them ending so late anymore

I've come around big time on the pitch clock. It does help speed up games. I haven't noticed the mound visit rule effect much either.

However I still hate the ghost runner in extras (start it after like the 11th or 12th if you must) and 3 batter minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad