Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Still surprised that Tyquan Thornton made this team. I think most have him ahead of Boutte still but I just don’t see it. 22 games 68 targets and 35 catches. I can’t hardly remember any of them.
As of now it looks like Tyquan is the starting X. He got a lot stronger so I think that will help him get off the line- plus they like his run blocking, and I think this is gonna be a run first team this season

Reactions: HustleB

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Jerod my man

It might not be a huge deal but you start your press conference with:

"We have decided, or I have decided"

And you have to throw in that Jacoby is the starter for the season?

I do agree that it's the correct decision which is simply an indictment on surrounding roster. Maybe Wolf will do his job over the next year.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Jerod my man

It might not be a huge deal but you start your press conference with:

"We have decided, or I have decided"

And you have to throw in that Jacoby is the starter for the season?

I do agree that it's the correct decision which is simply an indictment on surrounding roster. Maybe Wolf will do his job over the next year.

Last few days make clear Mayo is listening to the criticism/questioning of his authority.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

3a21d0f5-4427-40c7-a3e6-0938e3806037_text.gif

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
As for Pats. Mayo’s media training can hopefully be done before the regular season starts. Wolf and Mayo are going to be under a lot of pressure early for the OL as you can neither run nor throw if it is as bad as expected. Mayo has an excuse but Wolf no way. With the lack of O line, lack of weapons, lack of explosive D with Judon and Barmore gone/out and another « lets see » on kicking, I cant see Maye getting any games at all until perhaps the last 2-3 when they are sitting 3-11 and Brisset is beaten up. I feel bad for Brisset because he is a real trooper and seems like a great guy, but once again he is getting himself into a no win situation and he will get an unfair amount of blame when they lose this year. I don’t trust the front office to take the fall and fully expect him to get screwed and that just sucks. Hopefully Mayo will know how to navigate and address that or he too will find himself in a tough spot either calling out the team or his boss. I wish they (ownership and GM) just would have admitted they are rebuilding and not selling snake oil wins and quality of roster.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Seeing Bill O'Brien make Thomas Castellanos look like a good college qb, i wish he would have had a chance to work with and develop Drake Maye.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad