Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Fred Toucher reading the Globe article comments and calling out the narcissistic compassion of the commenters was hilarious.

I don't think Duran is some kind of raging hate monster, but anyone who was in public school prior to about 2010 is going to have been exposed to that word as a generalized insult and when provoked it can come out as an involuntary response. You really have to work at removing it from your vocab and training yourself to respond in other ways, because some words are buried deep in the neural network. MLB has financial interest in the gay community (they want that 'dual-income no kids' money), so I'm sure they'll make an example of him. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's not a bad guy but something bad slipped out under pressure. Whatever punishment he gets will help reinforce him to take an extra second before shouting back at a heckler the next time.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
he'll be there eventually....

btw, folks sad news;

former player/manager of the now Norfolk Tides (1987-89) Mike Cubbage has passed
He was Grady Little's third base coach here in 2003 IIRC. I remember them always bringing up that he had type 1 diabetes and had some kind of incident on the field while coaching.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Fred Toucher reading the Globe article comments and calling out the narcissistic compassion of the commenters was hilarious.

I don't think Duran is some kind of raging hate monster, but anyone who was in public school prior to about 2010 is going to have been exposed to that word as a generalized insult and when provoked it can come out as an involuntary response. You really have to work at removing it from your vocab and training yourself to respond in other ways, because some words are buried deep in the neural network. MLB has financial interest in the gay community (they want that 'dual-income no kids' money), so I'm sure they'll make an example of him. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's not a bad guy but something bad slipped out under pressure. Whatever punishment he gets will help reinforce him to take an extra second before shouting back at a heckler the next time.
Fred Toucher is a freakin loser. Talk about someone will mental health problems,

As for Duran, you can’t go there. I just hope he only apologizes for the comment but not to the heckler. I’d retire before I apologize to human trash.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I really enjoy "clown."

"This/You f***ing clown" is very effective when said with a disgusted Boston lilt.
That’s my go to.

If I had a dollar for every time I called someone that I’d have more money then Wyc has equity in the Celtics

Reactions: EverettMike

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Fred Toucher is a freakin loser. Talk about someone will mental health problems,
No argument there. Guy is a waste of space.
As for Duran, you can’t go there. I just hope he only apologizes for the comment but not to the heckler. I’d retire before I apologize to human trash.
Calling the heckler human trash is a bit harsh. Yelling at a player to use a tennis racket, is pretty mild stuff. I've heard a heck of a lot worse, when it comes to heckling. That's why Duran's over the top response was so shocking......

Reactions: lopey

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
2 game suspension for Duran

Learn from the mistake. Grow. Move onwards and upwards.
Did he get two games ?

I would have given him 3 but I’m thinking of the children

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
No argument there. Guy is a waste of space.

Calling the heckler human trash is a bit harsh. Yelling at a player to use a tennis racket, is pretty mild stuff. I've heard a heck of a lot worse, when it comes to heckling. That's why Duran's over the top response was so shocking......
Anyone remember that dipshit who heckled at Devil Rays games at the Trop back when they still sucked? That guy was obnoxious, but the only player he ever got to break was Bret Boone.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
1 or 2 games seemed about right to me.
What's more important, at least from what I heard on 98.5 is that the Sox and Durran said his salary from these suspended games is going to charity. That's a good thing to come from this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad