Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Still need pen help. But good win.

Kids finally get to eat again. Hallelujah.

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
They wont shut up about this guy who didn't catch the home run ball. During the game coverage and then I just got a push notification from ESPN about it like someone died

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Getting Paxton seems like a steal compared to kikuchi
Houston is making a push for a title. That’s why they overpaid. Boston isn’t and it’ll probably cost them a WC spot, but they’re being smart. The trade value for those 2 players has little to do with their actual value. Houston is in win now mode. Boston isn’t. Paxton isn’t going to move the needle for Boston. He’s there to eat up innings.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Houston is making a push for a title. That’s why they overpaid. Boston isn’t and it’ll probably cost them a WC spot, but they’re being smart. The trade value for those 2 players has little to do with their actual value. Houston is in win now mode. Boston isn’t. Paxton isn’t going to move the needle for Boston. He’s there to eat up innings.
Paxton has decent numbers this year, if he continues and can pitch like be did the first half of last year, he'd be a big help. Crawford and Houck are struggling right now.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Glad they signed Conrad Carson
Yup that was significant

I am loving this minor league draft & development machine

They are going throwing a lot of darts at the board as relates to pitching and their in the same room as the board

Sox fans are impatient as shit they are going to be very good ~ chill out folks they are not getting bent over

As for Yankees I try and move Torres and put Chisholm at 2B where he’s a stud

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Paxton has decent numbers this year, if he continues and can pitch like be did the first half of last year, he'd be a big help. Crawford and Houck are struggling right now.
I like Paxton but as he said he’s here to eat innings

Sox are doing the right thing ~ don’t hurry love here; it’s going to happen

I’m good with 86 wins if they get a WC great

They are poised to have a Bruins like 2007- present run of entertaining good to exceptional seasons and sayonara to roller coaster win one year and 2-3 under 500

They are building it the right way

Great post - nailed it

Reactions: lopey and RoccoF14

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Love the Thomas deal as a Guardians fan.

Bloss and two other prospects for Kikuchi feels like a massive overpay on Houston’s part, but had to beat out SD and LAD, I guess.
Yup ~ I like Thomas as well

Reactions: SoupNazi

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Actually he doesn’t, other than W/L. And that’s due to the fact that he’s gotten the best run support of every NL starting pitcher. By a pretty wide margin. His command hasn’t been great (was leading the NL in walks) and when he does throw strikes he gets hit pretty hard.

Who knows? Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. The Sox got him cheap, so there isn’t much downside. But he’s definitely not a guy who’s gonna carry you to the post season.

It could be worse. You could have traded for Frankie Montas, like my Brewers did today. If they can turn him around, then there’s some serious voodoo shit going on in Milwaukee..

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
AA Portland splits JULY/August w/ a 6 gm set vs. Erie starting tonight; no starter named yet;;

AAA Worcester will start Chase Shugart vs. Bisons tonight and the active return of Triston Casas on a rehab assignment

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad