Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The benefit to Gio compared to the other guys is that Schultz and Shatty were given PP time, while Gio was used on the PK more. The PK is what we would need to replace by losing Ceci. I don't know how good Gio was on the PK though, but logically he would be good at it if it was less about skating and more about puck retrieval and reading the cycle

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
If the Oilers spoke to Kneeordano and said anything but “f*** off” …

I am still sour on Bowman (certified bitch) but adding this would be Manning all over again.

By the way, did you know Scott Bowman hasn’t even broken a nail his entire life? I’ve heard he hasn’t even had to cut his own steak before!

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
If the Oilers spoke to Kneeordano and said anything but “f*** off” …

I am still sour on Bowman (certified bitch) but adding this would be Manning all over again.

By the way, did you know Scott Bowman hasn’t even broken a nail his entire life? I’ve heard he hasn’t even had to cut his own steak before!
Good one. I prefer "certified goof." If you know, you know.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
If he has back problems too then don't walk away from signing him, run away.
Don't take my 'defending" of him as me thinking we should sign him.

If a guy gets hurts and misses a season for something as silly as getting hurt on a plane ride...that body is broken.

I think we need to stay away from aging players now. We have enough.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Don't take my 'defending" of him as me thinking we should sign him.

If a guy gets hurts and misses a season for something as silly as getting hurt on a plane ride...that body is broken.

I think we need to stay away from aging players now. We have enough.
100% if anything we need more youth with pep in their step so that the vets can cruise a bit until the games matter most.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I feel like Gio is coming with that statement his agent released. There was really no point to it other than to prime flames fans for what is about to happen.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Imo he went to Ceci because it was the best option. We put guys like Broberg and Kulak as 2RD but they never played comfortable there. Then there's Stecher who looked good but isn't that talented. With enough time, we would learn to hate any of these options just as much as Ceci, if not more, especially after the opposition fully scouts and targets them

We simply need a real top 4 RD. It feels like it's been a decade since our top 4 was okay. Maybe Klef-Larsson/Nurse-Sekera. That 2017 run was pretty good
Nurse wasn’t even in the top 4 back then it was Russell. Nurse didn’t really break out a as a top 4 guy till after that run.

I also have a hunch that Wanner is gonna be on the big club as a 6/7 before the season is done. This talk of Gio/Shatt is veteran insurance
Either way our left side has very little depth after Kulak. I could see them wanting a passable option there.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Either way our left side has very little depth after Kulak. I could see them wanting a passable option there.
Lots of interesting lefties that might hit waivers.

Haydn Fleury or Ville Heinola in Winnipeg.
Matthew Robertson in New York.
Ty Smith in Carolina.
Jake Christiansen in Columbus.
Albert Johansson in Detroit.
Jacob Moverare in Los Angeles.
Lucas Carlsson in San Jose.

I wonder if they'd claim one and sneak one of the righties with term through waivers at the same time.

Reactions: belair

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
The D market is starting to open up. I see a bunch of interesting names, some of them with term.

A trade right after the start of the season might take place, the team only waiting because of possible LTIR rationalizations. Depending what Kane's status is likely dictates what player can be traded for. Between a player heading out, retention and LTIR maximization, something's got to give to make the cap work.

An early season trade is not contingent on Kane being on LTIR for the entirety of the season or being placed on LTIR at all. A trade doesn't have to wait until the deadline. Cap accruement has just as much correlation to Kane's health as an early season top 4 RD trade does. Maybe the team trades for a top 4 RD in season then makes another move at the deadline. We only know that cap can be accrued when Kane is not on LTIR and we don't know the extent or the timeline of such an event.

The PTO for the club could likely be an audition for an early season LD Kulak replacement and the Oilers are just waiting on the season to start to pull the trigger on a top 4 RD acquisition.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Wanner had a great rookie year in the AHL. He quickly became one of the top Dmen on the team. I think Wanner or Kemp will have a spot for a bit or, at the very least, will get a call up or two
I've never even heard of this Wanner kid before. Drafted 212 overall? Would be cool if he could turn into something eventually.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The D market is starting to open up. I see a bunch of interesting names, some of them with term.

A trade right after the start of the season might take place, the team only waiting because of possible LTIR rationalizations. Depending what Kane's status is likely dictates what player can be traded for. Between a player heading out, retention and LTIR maximization, something's got to give to make the cap work.

An early season trade is not contingent on Kane being on LTIR for the entirety of the season or being placed on LTIR at all. A trade doesn't have to wait until the deadline. Cap accruement has just as much correlation to Kane's health as an early season top 4 RD trade does. Maybe the team trades for a top 4 RD in season then makes another move at the deadline. We only know that cap can be accrued when Kane is not on LTIR and we don't know the extent or the timeline of such an event.

The PTO for the club could likely be an audition for an early season LD Kulak replacement and the Oilers are just waiting on the season to start to pull the trigger on a top 4 RD acquisition.
I hope a trade would be there but I don't see it. There are some rumors but it's just not a selling time. Like the Flames for instance, do we know for sure that they will be bad? The odds are good but a move like trading Weegar, Kadri or Andersson nukes any small chance they had, and why do that when you can make just as good a trade later in the year?

Has there ever been a fleury of trades at the start of the year?

Reactions: Oilslick941611
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad