Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I would love Skubal on this team, esp with 3 years.of control

However, I don't think the type of offer that would even entice DET to move him this early, would make sense for BOS given their timeline currently.

I get not every prospect land out, and it's easy to overrate and not want to move guys, but I'd be thinking a deal for Skubal would involve minimum two of Mayer, Teel, Anthony as a start, along with a young roster player.

Honestly not sure it's worth the cost.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I would love Skubal on this team, esp with 3 years.of control

However, I don't think the type of offer that would even entice DET to move him this early, would make sense for BOS given their timeline currently.

I get not every prospect land out, and it's easy to overrate and not want to move guys, but I'd be thinking a deal for Skubal would involve minimum two of Mayer, Teel, Anthony as a start, along with a young roster player.

Honestly not sure it's worth the cost.

Such a conundrum. Teel and Mayer project to be exactly what you'd want in a player and at key positions, but how long will it take for them to produce at the major league level?

Of course, the other question is whether or not Wong will continue to be this player or not. Second question/thought is where does Mayer play --- or more accurately does Rafaela and Duran's emergence make him expendable.

If they're convinced this is the real Wong, that Duran is the CF for the next 7-8 years and Rafaela can be the SS for the same period of time, and Teel and Mayer can get a young potential top of the rotation arm, you'd have to consider it.

I'm not sure how I'd go TBH. I guess it really depends on who the arm coming back is, but a case can be made that moving a couple of projected studs for a stud 1/2 starter makes sense.

Last edited:

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
We’d feel a lot differently about the series if Rafaela wouldn’t have committed the little league mistake in game 2. You can understand physical errors and mistake pitches but that kind of stuff will absolutely kill you and it did.
Hudson's involvement makes it more egregious.

Reactions: CDJ

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I also don't understand why DET would be moving him. They're close.

Flaherty I understand, but they still have two seasons on control beyond this one with Skubal. Unless they don't plan on re-signing him, moving him this early doesn't make sense to me. Especially for prospects.

Reactions: lopey

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
We’d feel a lot differently about the series if Rafaela wouldn’t have committed the little league mistake in game 2. You can understand physical errors and mistake pitches but that kind of stuff will absolutely kill you and it did.

We really don't know that the Sox win if he stays on the bag. Everything after that point would change.

That said, I would like to take a shot with the alternative outcome.

Also think calling it a little league mistake is unfair to little leaguers everywhere.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Pivetta starts the homestand to end the month vs. SEA; No AA/AAA tonight due to the restructuring of MiLB, which is why Mondays are off days

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Such a conundrum. Teel and Mayer project to be exactly what you'd want in a player and at key positions, but how long will it take for them to produce at the major league level?

Of course, the other question is whether or not Wong will continue to be this player or not. Second question/thought is where does Mayer play --- or more accurately does Rafaela and Duran's emergence make him expendable.

If they're convinced this is the real Wong, that Duran is the CF for the next 7-8 years and Rafaela can be the SS for the same period of time, and Teel and Mayer can get a young potential top of the rotation arm, you'd have to consider it.

I'm not sure how I'd go TBH. I guess it really depends on who the arm coming back is, but a case can be made that moving a couple of projected studs for a stud 1/2 starter makes sense.
I would trade Anthony before Teel and Mayer as our OF is set, especially if we can resign O'Neill.
Montgomery will probably start next season at high A ball and if all goes well, I can see him making the team by 2027 latest. Bleis is having a better season in high A and is only 20 YO.

Jansen is a FA after this year, so the trading for him was a short term fix to improve the team.
I think Wong is for real and nowadays you need two good catchers. The RH bat and LH bat of Teel would well for us.

If I am making a trade involving one of Teel/Mayer/Anthony as much as we need a top starter, I would love to have an impact RH power hitting 1B.
I had proposed a Casas and Anthony for Vlad Jr and Chad Green trade, would do this in a heartbeat if we could extend Vladdy. He is exactly what we need on this team a perfect #3/4 hitter to complement Raffy.
The bonus with Vladdy is that he can still play 3B if needed and spot Raffy for 10-20 games.
I think the Jays would hang up the phone on us.

Reactions: sarge88

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would trade Anthony before Teel and Mayer as our OF is set, especially if we can resign O'Neill.
Montgomery will probably start next season at high A ball and if all goes well, I can see him making the team by 2027 latest. Bleis is having a better season in high A and is only 20 YO.

Jansen is a FA after this year, so the trading for him was a short term fix to improve the team.
I think Wong is for real and nowadays you need two good catchers. The RH bat and LH bat of Teel would well for us.

If I am making a trade involving one of Teel/Mayer/Anthony as much as we need a top starter, I would love to have an impact RH power hitting 1B.
I had proposed a Casas and Anthony for Vlad Jr and Chad Green trade, would do this in a heartbeat if we could extend Vladdy. He is exactly what we need on this team a perfect #3/4 hitter to complement Raffy.
The bonus with Vladdy is that he can still play 3B if needed and spot Raffy for 10-20 games.
I think the Jays would hang up the phone on us.
I wouldn’t touch that deal, Casas has more control and is probably a better hitter than Vladdy. At least very similar. Anthony/Chad Green just makes it completely lopsided

Vladdy is hot right now and overall has a great line on the year but the last two years were not the kind of guy you trade that much for- especially since he’s a bad glove and needs to watch his body. Him and Devers together would be fun though, I will say that

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thumbs up on the deal. Been great in AAA this year, usable in the majors. Big ground ball guy. Good breaking balls. Probably like 92-97ish with a sinker and 4 seamer. Still really young so get him, develop, and see how much more we can get out of him

traded from a logjam to add young pitching, always here for it

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I won't lose any sleep over trading Nick Yorke but can you imagine if Dave Dombrowski made this trade...

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I need someone to talk me down from this because I pulled up Priester's stats and oof.

Still only 23 so a prospect perhaps, but his ML numbers are not good.
Probably thinking Bailey can work with him and right the ship there.

Nick Yorke was blocked, and frankly is probably a fringe MLB guy. Ideally they'd have included him in a bigger package but in a one for one, I make this trade 10/10 times.

I think Yorke was a Rule 5 guy too this off-season.

Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't think anyone would be up in arms about trading a 22-year old for a 23-year old.
Priester was the 18th overall pick in 2019
Yorke was the 17th overall pick in 2020

It's basically a lateral move. Blocked middle infielder for a blocked starting pitcher.

I'm coming around, I think I've overrated Yorke in my own mind and he's never touched MLB anyway. Might as well get the pitching equivalent to him as a lottery ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad