Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I can't say if that's too expensive because cost is just being passed onto consumer. Whoever operates concessions the cost of suppliers has increased, operator needs to raise cost as well. They're still trying to make money.

The best story is the Atlanta Falcons deciding to do concessions on their own everything is under 5 dollars. They have seen an increase in sales but the biggest increase is in merchandise sales which has increased 80% which has to do with consumers saving money on concessions.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Players attending rookie camps this week:

Cristoforo - Ottawa
Davis - LAK
Greentree - LAK
Protas - Washington
Mathurin - Chicago
Spellacy - Chicago
Walton - Blue Jackets
Is coffee good in Ottawa?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Not dressed today are Costanzo, NewLove, Stewart, Greenwell, Morgan,joined by NHL camp players except Greentree, Davis,Spellacy,Protas,Walton,Christoforo and Mathurin.
Froggett starts,Windbiel the other tender.
Spits going with 11F,7D
Added to lineup who did not play in game 1 of exhibition includes Froggett, Winegard, Eichler, Woodall,Abraham, Morneau, Nesbitt,Martin,Hjelholt, Outwater.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohloutsider

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Not dressed today are Costanzo, NewLove,Lavigne, Stewart, Greenwell, Morgan,joined by NHL camp players except Greentree, Davis,Spellacy,Protas,Walton,Christoforo and Mathurin.
Froggett starts,Windbiel the other tender.
Spits going with 11F,7D
Added to lineup who did not play in game 1 of exhibition includes Froggett, Winegard, Eichler, Woodall,Abraham, Morneau, Nesbitt,Martin,Nesbitt, Outwater.
We have 2 Nesbitt's?

• Haha
Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor leads Flint 4-0 at the 6.33 mark of the 2nd period,goals by Nesbitt,Garden,Martin and Outwater, Nesbitt 's a PPG,Outwater s a shorty.
3 assists by Morneau on 1st 3 goals,Windsor 1-1 on PP,4-4 killing penalties and a shorty.
2 fights so far both in the 1st, Nesbitt and Outwater for Windsor with Nesbitt tossed.

Reactions: 4 Bobby ORR

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
5-1 Windsor now... and two more fights. Gaymes/Fellinger and Hicks/Konyen in two separate incidents. I'm very curious to the Hicks one; that's an 04 against an 08 so... what happened?

Reactions: oldPeng

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits now lead 5-1 with 5 minutes to play in the 2nd a PP goal by Morneau his 4th point of the game from Eichler his 2nd assist in the game
Spits now 2 for 2 on the PP and 4-5 on the PK as Flint made the game 4-1 on the PP on a goal by Aspinnall.
2 more fights in the game Carter Hicks 16 year old rookie fought OA forward Evan Konyen
And Nathan Gaymes fought Ryan Fellinget from Flint all 4 players tossed, Windsor down to 9 forwards,6D.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Now 5-2 after 2 has Flint scored on a PP goal at 19.01
They are 2-7 on the PP
Windsor 1-2 on the PP
Shots Windsor-32
Flint- 18
Both teams had identical shots in each of their 2 periods Windsor 16,16,
Fint 9,9

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
OHL site is going weird again...

Hicks was given 5/GM for fighting Konyen earlier, which is normal for pre-season. Now, he's listed as a fresh "kicking" match penalty. Was THAT the reason for the earlier fight and they're just catching up on the penalty now?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Doesn't matter Windsor just scored its 2nd shorty of the game
Belchetz from Outwater.
Belchetz now has 2 in 2 games both shorthanded.
And Windsor now has scored 4 shorties in 1st 2 games played

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Hicks was given 5/GM for fighting Konyen earlier, which is normal for pre-season. Now, he's listed as a fresh "kicking" match penalty. Was THAT the reason for the earlier fight and they're just catching up on the penalty now?
Tossed is Tossed either way.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor wins going away 7-2 in Flint
Carter Froggett played the whole game for Windsor allowing 2 goals both PP goals against.
In fact in the 1st game vs Sarnia which Windsor won 6-3,Sarnia had 2PP goals in that 1.
In fact Windsor has allowed only 1 goal at even strength in their 1st 2 exhibition games while outscoring their opponents 13-5 overall,1st 2 games Windsor has scored 4 shorties,2 PP and 7 even strength goals,the opponents 4PPG,1 even strength.
The 1st 2 games Windsor is 10/14 on the PK and 2-7 on the PP.
They have outscored the opposition so far at even strength 7-1 in the 1st 2 games
Nice start,keep working.

thespitslurker

Aug 29, 2024
Well stat wise its hard for me to complain about the last two games. The only main thing I would critique is for some of the players to chill out with the penalties but at least a lot of players are getting points. Kinda surprised Greentree and Abraham were playing today. Our shorthanded team has been very good at exploiting the other team but alas that'll probably change. Froggett didnt have to worry much today he did good too. I like what Im hearing now if only I could visually see it :/

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Looking at the stats, it's a good overall outing... 11 different players with points, Morneau four point night, Eichler three helpers. Lots of penalties/fights but, without seeing how they happened, tough to comment. I don't think those GM come with two-game suspensions like the reg season. Froggett doing his thing in goal. If you had told me they'd outscore their opponents 13-5 in two games so far, I'd have laughed, but here we are. They're playing aggressive, offensive hockey with improved D. Now, keep it going.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Well stat wise its hard for me to complain about the last two games. The only main thing I would critique is for some of the players to chill out with the penalties but at least a lot of players are getting points. Kinda surprised Greentree and Abraham were playing today. Our shorthanded team has been very good at exploiting the other team but alas that'll probably change. Froggett didnt have to worry much today he did good too. I like what Im hearing now if only I could visually see it :/
Not surprised about Abraham playing today seeing that he didn't play in game 1,and he isn't leaving for NHL camps, agree surprised Greentree did play as he leaves tomorrow with the other 6 players going to NHL camps.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

If accurate explains why the OA went at the rookie, if not who knows.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
One thing that occurred in the game was the change in scoring starts,example rookie for Windsor who scored 1 goal of Windsor's 7 was also credited with 3 assists tying fellow Spit Noah Morneau with 4 points scored for the game 2G,2A.
So Garden now has 4 points in his 1st 2 exhibition games for Windsor.

Reactions: Section 103

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Looking at the stats, it's a good overall outing... 11 different players with points, Morneau four point night, Eichler three helpers. Lots of penalties/fights but, without seeing how they happened, tough to comment. I don't think those GM come with two-game suspensions like the reg season. Froggett doing his thing in goal. If you had told me they'd outscore their opponents 13-5 in two games so far, I'd have laughed, but here we are. They're playing aggressive, offensive hockey with improved D. Now, keep it going.
What's more interesting then Windsor outscoring the opposition 13-5 in the last 2 games is that the opposition has scored only 1 goal at even strength against Windsor, the other 4 on the PP.
Ist blush might think PK is a problem except Windsor has scored 4 goals in the 2 games on the Pk,tied with 4 against
Impressive.
As well Windsor is using 27 skaters and 4 goalies during exhibition and 20 skaters have at least 1 point in the last 2 games ,in fact 13 of the top are averaging a point or more a game after 2.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
What's the status of Mr. Yearwood going forward

It's been a weirdly quiet departure. He wasn't listed among the cuts but hasn't been mentioned... at all. Maybe he chose another path and wanted to keep it quiet?
Ist blush might think PK is a problem except Windsor has scored 4 goals in the 2 games on the Pk,tied with 4 against

4 SH goals are great but have to work on the 4 PPG against, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad