Prospect Info: [2023 - 144th] Yevgeni Volokhin (VHL - HC Yugra)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Dont love that he's back at a level he's too good for.

I don't think he is, last year when they sent Zavragin to the VHL to be the backup, they still sent him down to the MHL a couple of times to get in games. Unless the VHL club has made a trade, Volokhin should be the backup and hopefully can steal more time from the vet they have.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think he is, last year when they sent Zavragin to the VHL to be the backup, they still sent him down to the MHL a couple of times to get in games. Unless the VHL club has made a trade, Volokhin should be the backup and hopefully can steal more time from the vet they have.

Lets hope that's true! I'd rather less games started but against better competition.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
As the KHL season unfolds and Demidov had a great start, I have included him in my top 10 U23 KHL prospects to follow in the 2024-2025 campaign.

Check it out:

Quoting from the Demidov thread, but wanted to take the opportunity to ask if you had opinions on our other notable Russian prospects, namely Volokhin and Khanin ? (thread linked if you want to say your piece there)

We technically also have Sobolev and Kostenko, but we don't have much hope for them on this board.

Thank you for your input!

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Quoting from the Demidov thread, but wanted to take the opportunity to ask if you had opinions on our other notable Russian prospects, namely Volokhin and Khanin ? (thread linked if you want to say your piece there)

We technically also have Sobolev and Kostenko, but we don't have much hope for them on this board.

Thank you for your input!
I will watch a few other games and report back. I do like Khanin a lot.
Remind me if I do not

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Volokhin backing up today, no surprise as he did not do well with his start.

they went with their 3rd goalie to start this one so their vet gets the day off but then he likely gets the next start I would think. Maybe they will send him down for a MHL game soon. Last year they sent the flyers 3rd round pick, Yegor Zavragin to the MHL throughout the season. He would go down and play a game and then go back up. Played 9 games in the MHL vs 17 as the backup in the VHL.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad