Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - Affter 81 games the Sox are 43-38

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
So what do you think happens with the OF ?

Rafaela looks like his cemented in CF

Anthony has that RF feel

lot of guys out there

O’Neill I’m digging

They need pitching and I’m in the if pivetta is good why not keep him
Whatever keeps Duran in the outfield, I'm good with.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I haven't watched or followed the Red Sox very closely in a few years but I gotta admit, this team has some charm to it that makes me stop and watch when they're on TV.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Don't make the mistake they made with Eovaldi. Resign Pivetta.
Extend Duran.
Once Anthony arrives, move Rafaela to second, Duran to center, Abreu to RF, Anthony to LF.
If you can possibly trade Yoshida, keep O'Neill as DH, outfield fill-in.
If Bleis is as good as advertised, trade Abreu eventually.
Bolster the pitching with free agents, trades.
If they stay in the wild card chase, keep Jansen. They already have a deep farm system (minus upper-level starting pitching), so need for drastic rebuilding is receding.

Reactions: Mione134

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Don't make the mistake they made with Eovaldi. Resign Pivetta.
Extend Duran.
Once Anthony arrives, move Rafaela to second, Duran to center, Abreu to RF, Anthony to LF.
If you can possibly trade Yoshida, keep O'Neill as DH, outfield fill-in.
If Bleis is as good as advertised, trade Abreu eventually.
Bolster the pitching with free agents, trades.
If they stay in the wild card chase, keep Jansen. They already have a deep farm system (minus upper-level starting pitching), so need for drastic rebuilding is receding.
To me you’d be wasting Rafaela’s amazing defense at second. Keep him in center. I think Anthony could be in right with Duran or Abreu in left.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Would anyone bite on Yoshida even for a pure salary dump at the deadline/offseason or is his deal that bad?
We’ll probably need to eat half the money to move him, and even then the acquiring team will need to believe in the bat which is no guarantee

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Blue Jays wearing one of the worst uniform sets in sports history

I am offended by them

I also don't even recognize this stadium anymore. Whoever was in charge of renovations did a phenomenal job. Looks terrific.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Valdez has such a Soto swing.

It's beautiful

"A month ago, the Red Sox changed their hitter meetings from a group setting to shorter 1-on-1s with players and coaches. Since then, they’ve gone 16-11. The offense is tied for the MLB lead in June in average (.296) and tops in hits (164) and OBP (.372)."

Keep it up.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
If you're keeping track, the Red Sox have reached this point in their 2024 remake of Major League.

4d27b415-4575-48de-bc51-e1190d337973_text.gif

Just wait until they finish peeling the clothing off the cardboard cutout of John Henry in the clubhouse.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Valdez has such a Soto swing.

It's beautiful

"A month ago, the Red Sox changed their hitter meetings from a group setting to shorter 1-on-1s with players and coaches. Since then, they’ve gone 16-11. The offense is tied for the MLB lead in June in average (.296) and tops in hits (164) and OBP (.372)."

Keep it up.
I would hate that as an employee but that's just me. :laugh:

I feel like it could just cause extra under the radar stress.

• Haha
Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Red Sox have my attention. Good time to catch fire after Bruins/Celtics end. 1.5 back of KC. The crazy stat is Sox are only 18-20 at Fenway.

Reactions: DKH and Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2