Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: Ángel Hernández to retire: Much-maligned MLB umpire calling it quits

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I've always hated the Cubs, for as long as I can remember (I grew up in Wisconsin), but I gotta admit, this guy Imanaga is really hard to dislike. That little bastard is growing on me, and I'm finding myself rooting for him every time he takes the mound. The guy loves the game, and it shows.

He's 5'10 and isn't going to overpower you, but he's a pitcher, not a thrower. Guys like that are becoming more and more rare in the modern game, and its a shame. This is a great article. It shows that you can still dominate in MLB with a 92mph fastball, as long as you can disguise it, locate it and complement it with a secondary pitch.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

MLB spring training facility demolished

poster_d9614b35242b4a2981a4d8ecf64b0f64.jpg

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — It was once the spring training home for two major league baseball teams, but now a Winter Haven baseball stadium is being demolished.
Greg Hoecker remembers when just about everyone in town would come out to catch the games at Chain of Lakes Park as it hosted MLB spring training.

“We had the Red Sox for a while and the Cleveland Indians,” Hoecker said. “The Chamber of Commerce sponsored the team every year and they would have a big barbecue when the team came into town. My boss used to take a group of employees. It was a really big deal around here,” he said.
Demolition of the stadium is now underway after decades went by without it being used.

“The stadium has been dormant and sat shuttered. It’s time for us to move forward and serve the residents of this community and beyond,” said Julie Adams, Winter Haven Parks, Recreation & Culture Department Director.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Friday updates:

Sox lose 7-2 vs. Brewers; Pivetta this afternoon (4:10);

Sea Dogs split DH 7-4/6-2; Dobbins this afternoon vs. HFD;

Woo Sox lose 9-6 vs. Tides; Jason Alexander this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad