4. Matt Savioe
5. Noah Ostlund
6. Isak Rosen
7. Ryan Johnson
8. Anton Wahlberg
9. Nikita Novikov
10. Prokhor Poltapov

Notable graduates/departures: Zach Benson, Matt Savoie

RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be let stand as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2024-25 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2024);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.

NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Viktor Neuchev, Olivier Nadeau, Prokhor Poltapov, Alexander Kisakov, Ethan Miedema, Tyler Tulio, Tyson Kozak, Brody Ziemer, Lukas Rousek, Viljami Marjala, Jake Richard, Matteo Costantini, Aaron Huglen, William von Barnekow, Gustav Karlsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Linus Sjodin, Vasili Zelenov, Joel Berndtsson
  • Defensemen: Maxim Strbak, Adam Kleber, Gavin McCarthy, Simon-Pier Brunet, Luke Osburn, Patrick Geary, Shane Keohane, Norwin Panocha
  • Goalies: Scott Ratzlaff, Topias Leinonen, Ryerson Leenders

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Levi has done nothing to lose his spot, imo. He was a force in the AHL, and had some epic games in the playoffs. If the team in front of him showed up, he probably carries them far.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Kulich, add Neuchev.

He's had one of the most insane D+1 D+2 runs of production for a non-lottery pick in the past decade, both against peers and men. Top 10 all-time WJC scorer (!)

There are zero doubts about the physical and skating package translating to the NHL, where they very well may end up an advantage.

He's still being developed as a C but has an easy floor as a PP1 3W.

The ceiling remains sky high, which is why you don't trade prospects like him.

Reactions: rattle

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Wait, no Savoie?!?!?:sarcasm:

Levi of course. Add Poltapov.

After waffling on it for a while, I voted for the shiny new toy. Helenius’ successes against men and mature two-way game at such a young age are what gave him the edge for me.
Putting your chips in early. I like the bold move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad