Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m gonna guess you’re not talking about Eminem.

I’m no Swifty. I’m just trying to understand how it affects anyone’s enjoyment of the game negatively. I truly, honestly don’t get it. Doesn’t interfere with the game at all to me.

If they had a “Taylor Cam” that they chose to broadcast instead of the play? Okay I’d be tuning out. But this is basic b-roll that I manage to ignore without effort or conscious consideration.
I watched a sports program the other night on a major network and they were posting Chiefs stats.
“Mahomes completion % when swift attends a game.
Kelce YAC when swift is in attendance”. It’s gone a little overboard imo.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Yeah, that's the point you were trying to make while just raaaaaaandomly saying we'd all be upset by "rappers." Sure.

Suuuuuuuure.

Anyway, no need to keep going back and forth on this. My advice to you is simply go cry about it some more. Lots of big tears about the most popular sport in the country showing the biggest musical star in the world in the crowd.
I think he was talking about Vanilla Ice

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If that’s where your mind goes when you see the word “rapper”, perhaps you should take a long look in the mirror & stop projecting here.

Nobody is crying. A bunch of mega billionaires are using a trendy celebrity to milk some more views out of her fan base. In my conversations recently I find that it’s usually fans of hers who don’t call it what it is, a cringy money grab by billionaires. Sundays are for football, if I wanted to catch up on the latest swifty gossip I’m sure I have plenty of options on cable to do so.

You do have the ignore button option here.

"You acknowledging my obvious dog whistle is pretty revealing about you."

Love it.

Reactions: Alicat and CDJ

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I’d love to see the reaction from the swiftys here if it were some popular rapper being shown in between every single play and not Taylor. I’ve got a hunch they wouldn’t be in celebrity defense mode
They show celebrities in the boxes all the time. They do it at the Super Bowl. They do it at the Celtics. Doesn't bother me. Never did.

This overreaction to Taylor is hilarious to me.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My only problem with the Swift attention is how it's clearly all a paid stunt. Like the NFL has to be giving her millions to show up to these games for marketing purposes, because it's highly suspect that she actually likes Travis Kelce.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I was slightly annoyed by the Taylor thing when they first started dating. Now I f***ing love it because of how mad it makes some people.

If people didn’t care about her, she wouldn’t be a focus. Go get yours, girlfriend.

Sincerely,

Most definitely NOT a Swiftie

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
RYSS34BVA5JNCE2W6PBHILBGCM.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My only problem with the Swift attention is how it's clearly all a paid stunt. Like the NFL has to be giving her millions to show up to these games for marketing purposes, because it's highly suspect that she actually likes Travis Kelce.
They most definitely are dating. She isn't doing a publicity stunt. She just got out of a 7 year relationship last year. They've been dating since July-August. After he posted that clip of him trying to send her a friendship bracelet with his number on it.

Did you know that Oscar nominated actress/singer Hailee Steinfeld is dating and rumored to be engaged to Josh Allen. She hides in the suites and refuses to be seen at his games.

Imagine hiding while watching your significant other play. Taylor is watching her boyfriend play a game. Just like anyone else. This isn't a ploy. It's the best thing to happen to the NFL with ratings. But as a Swiftie, I definitely thought Travis was playing her because that man is dumb as a bag of rocks. Typical football jock. HOWEVER. Since listening to the podcast and seeing him interact with her family, going to her tour, how Taylor is with his niece's. I can say I was wrong about Travis. I think he genuinely likes her. And and I think he genuinely likes him.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
They show celebrities in the boxes all the time. They do it at the Super Bowl. They do it at the Celtics. Doesn't bother me. Never did.

This overreaction to Taylor is hilarious to me.
Name me one celebrity they’ve focused on at NFL games to this level?

The “overreaction” here is by you swiftys.

Us: “meh it’s annoying that these billionaire NFL owners/ media tycoons are shoving Taylor down our throats for more profits”

You: “OMG you people are overreacting it’s Taylor who cares how often they show her on the big screen wahh”

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Totally normal…

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Name me one celebrity they’ve focused on at NFL games to this level?

The “overreaction” here is by you swiftys.

Us: “meh it’s annoying that these billionaire NFL owners/ media tycoons are shoving Taylor down our throats for more profits”

You: “OMG you people are overreacting it’s Taylor who cares how often they show her on the big screen wahh”

Totally normal…

You're blaming the wrong person. The NFL knows it gets more eyes by showing her. You think 50 million people would of watched that game without Taylor? No. She's bringing nom football fans into fans. Daughters with their father's. Blame NBC. Blame. Fox. CBS. ESPN. They know what they're doing. Taylor isn't doing this herself.

The game is still being played. If she's shown 5 times throughout the game with Travis' mom who cares. It doesn't affect my ability to watch the game. She's just another fan to me.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You're blaming the wrong person. The NFL knows it gets more eyes by showing her. You think 50 million people would of watched that game without Taylor? No. She's bringing nom football fans into fans. Daughters with their father's. Blame NBC. Blame. Fox. CBS. ESPN. They know what they're doing. Taylor isn't doing this herself.

The game is still being played. If she's shown 5 times throughout the game with Travis' mom who cares. It doesn't affect my ability to watch the game. She's just another fan to me.
It again comes down to “are they not showing the game to show her?”

And the answer to that is of course they aren’t so idk why anybody really cares all that much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad