GDT: 2024 Playoff Bandwagon Thread

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I dont understand how people think we could have had JAM and Verhaeghe right now.

JAM is far too long ago to try and predict plus he's way too similar to other small scoring forwards we've had around that time, even if his scoring picked up we likely would've moved on once he outpriced himself. Can't see how you can say with certainty the same about Verhaeghe, especially when we saw flashes of it here - he was pretty much on the cusps of breaking out. His playstyle is one we rarely get on this team, size, speed and the ability to crash the net - don't see JBB moving on from him without long consideration had he taken even 1 step up that following year.

Pretty crazy how much of our issue is a stale offense and you gave up a guy who could pretty much break through an entire teams defense. Duclair is like a poor mans version of this which is why he should be brought back within reason, we have way too many perimeter players and speed has been going downhill for years.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
who watched western conference...how TF this EDM team got to a finals, I mean its even more noring series than our agains MTL, I Think that MTL team would have much more chancse against FLA than EDM.. poor Mc I really feel for for him,being stuck in that team ffs

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Stuart Skinner is one of the worst goalies I've seen in recent years. As a "neutral" in this series, I'm having mini heart attacks every time I see the guy face a shot. I can't imagine how the players and coaches feel. Lmao.

Give Edmonton a goalie capable of controlling his rebounds and the series is probably at least tied.

Reactions: J T Money

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
If skinner doesn’t stop EK in the first minute it’s a different game. His SV in games 4-7 is .940. I think they’re very happy with him in the net. Oh, and 2-0 Oil and the cats got like NO sog in the last forever. Go Oil. Ohhh ruh row, now it’s 3-0.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Well, surprisingly, Edmonton has bounced back to make it a series. Florida will start to feel some pressure now for sure heading back to Canada for game 6. If they can't close it out up there, who knows...

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
If skinner doesn’t stop EK in the first minute it’s a different game. His SV in games 4-7 is .940. I think they’re very happy with him in the net. Oh, and 2-0 Oil and the cats got like NO sog in the last forever. Go Oil. Ohhh ruh row, now it’s 3-0.
His playoff numbers are a mess. Credit to him for holding onto a win but 1-2 decent looks and Florida probably would've tied it. The guy has rebound control worse than rookie Vasilevskiy. Sub 90 sv% isn't it either. He's going to need a McDavid spot him four goals showing each game too if they want to win.

It doesn't help half the defense is a collection of pylons but he makes routine saves look chaotic.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
His playoff numbers are a mess. Credit to him for holding onto a win but 1-2 decent looks and Florida probably would've tied it. The guy has rebound control worse than rookie Vasilevskiy. Sub 90 sv% isn't it either. He's going to need a McDavid spot him four goals showing each game too if they want to win.

It doesn't help half the defense is a collection of pylons but he makes routine saves look chaotic.
Right. And the Cats drag their asses back to Edmonton.

Reactions: Stammertime91

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
My dream of Oilers fans getting to see Tkachuk lifting the Cup in their barn lives on.

But I gotta say, being just a hater way more than a hockey fan, I'll be rooting for the Oilers if this goes to 7. Forget the 2019 Lightning or the 2023 Bruins, the Panthers will be known as the biggest chokers of them all if they pull it off.

Reactions: Hoek and J T Money

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My dream of Oilers fans getting to see Tkachuk lifting the Cup in their barn lives on.

But I gotta say, being just a hater way more than a hockey fan, I'll be rooting for the Oilers if this goes to 7. Forget the 2019 Lightning or the 2023 Bruins, the Panthers will be known as the biggest chokers of them all if they pull it off.
You're forgetting the granddaddy of all Boston chokes by not mentioning the Flyers reverse sweep. Also the VGK squandering a 3 goal lead in a couple of minutes in a game 7 only to lose to Barclay Goodrow in OT is up there too. Everytime I feel bad I just remember that and suddenly everything isn't so gray

But yeah this would be epic by the Cats

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You're forgetting the granddaddy of all Boston chokes by not mentioning the Flyers reverse sweep. Also the VGK squandering a 3 goal lead in a couple of minutes in a game 7 only to lose to Barclay Goodrow in OT is up there too. Everytime I feel bad I just remember that and suddenly everything isn't so gray

But yeah this would be epic by the Cats
Choking in the finals gives it a lot of extra points in my books. I mean, if the Panthers do this, they'll have been in the most surefire position to win a Cup that you could possibly be in, without actually doing so. The Bruins and Knights series were first and second round I think? There's still a long way to any success even if they win those series.

Reactions: Renopucker

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
The Oilers' two wins both came from their depth players getting them early leads. I wonder how long they can continue to rely that formula.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Drai has been a total non-factor, and could even be said to be a liability. The Oil board is convinced he is ailing and watching his play it sure looks like its something very impactful. but of course nobody know any specifics. Based on the play of Holloway, Brown, and yes Perry, those guys compliment McD's play. Add in Bouchard and the PP is rounding into form. If I'm the stinkin panthers right now, gotta be a whole lotta Ruh Row going on.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
You keep harping on his overall stats. Here's the latest from SN, when facing elimination which is a kinda important metric:

3-0
1.33 GAA.
938 SV%

I've watched every game. He's upped his play dramatically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad