OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
This is comedy gold; there are hardly any reporters for the Olympic Hammer Throw presser, but bronze medalist Mikhail Kokhan from Ukraine has replaced them all very well. Canadian Ethan Katzberg, who won his first gold medal at his first Olympics, took his turn interviewing the Ukrainian. This is like watching 'The Office'. One of the best moments at the games so far.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Men’s Field Hockey QF (Dutch vs Aussies) had been really fun to watch.

I don’t think my back could handle playing that sport…
I coulda been a contendah....

Not! :laugh:

(But yes, that's me, in high school, eons ago....)

FB_IMG_1722990009882.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
With that mask you look like Jason from Friday The Thirteenth :biglaugh:
No lie lol

It was the late 80s so what do you expect :laugh:

Back when we played field hockey on a...field.... with actual grass... no astroturf

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just reflecting on my personal Olympic history

It started in 1980 when ABC hired WSBK-TV 38 to cover overflow games at the 1932 Arena in Lake Placid which was pretty much like the old Boston Skating Club in Brighton. ABC hired CTV in Montreal for the main arena.

My work got me an invitation to go to Sarajevo in 1984 a city that would be reduced to rubble in a civil war a few years later. I also worked Olympic soccer at Harvard Stadium that same year.

Come 1992 I signed a contract with CBS for 3 Winter Games in France, Norway and Japan. Best gig of my career.

CBS theme music was perfect

In 2000 NBC hired me for Sydney

It has been one hell of a run but all goes back to that USA/Norway game in 1980 that was given full network live

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

It started in 1980 when ABC hired WSBK-TV 38 to cover overflow games at the 1932 Arena in Lake Placid which was pretty much like the old Boston Skating Club in Brighton. ABC hired CTV in Montreal for the main arena.

My work got me an invitation to go to Sarajevo in 1984 a city that would be reduced to rubble in a civil war a few years later. I also worked Olympic soccer at Harvard Stadium that same year.

Come 1992 I signed a contract with CBS for 3 Winter Games in France, Norway and Japan. Best gig of my career.

It has been one hell of a run but all goes back to that USA/Norway game in 1980 that was given full network live

Amazing legacy Fenway! Thanks for sharing!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The US Figure Skaters finally get their gold medals from Beijing this morning. 2.5 years in the making.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Fenway you have to write a book about all of this I’m sure it would be a bestseller!!!! 📖

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is comedy gold; there are hardly any reporters for the Olympic Hammer Throw presser, but bronze medalist Mikhail Kokhan from Ukraine has replaced them all very well. Canadian Ethan Katzberg, who won his first gold medal at his first Olympics, took his turn interviewing the Ukrainian. This is like watching 'The Office'. One of the best moments at the games so far.

View attachment 899494
Katzberg is a beauty, from here on Van Island (Nanaimo), seems like the kind of dude who`d simply be hilarious to hang with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad