Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Nah. Only winners get their numbers retired. Everyone else gets chucked into the Dallas Stars Hall of Fame.
I’ve never considered myself a huge Jamie Benn guy, but I don’t know how they don’t retire his number, especially if he finishes in Dallas. Art Ross trophy, homegrown captain, some playoff success. It’s a tough standard if only Cup winners apply.

I’d even argue for Pavelski,, but understand that could be a stretch.

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I’ve never considered myself a huge Jamie Benn guy, but I don’t know how they don’t retire his number, especially if he finishes in Dallas. Art Ross trophy, homegrown captain, some playoff success. It’s a tough standard if only Cup winners apply.

Benn is definitely getting it retired, I'm just bored with the long offseason and no Capfriendly to f*** around on, so I wanted to stir things up a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: MBTendy

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Not even in the first half of his career? Interesting.

Reactions: MBTendy

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
They could move the team to Mississauga and become the second team in the Toronto market; reducing the travel and giving the market teams in both conferences. :sarcasm:

Just imagine an all-Canadian Cup final?
Funny.

The reason the travel is so high is due to the trip to Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad