Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
They're going to need someone to play for the Admirals when Askarov bolts. Murray was consistently outplayed by Poirier in my opinion and was never a prospect with a real NHL future. Although you never know what can happen with goalies down the line.

Pretty quiet right now,
I highlighted this post and even held it up to the sun to see if there was anything else written

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
the “P” in this is capitalized, hinting at P-laine. “Quiet” implying Dallas quietly talking to him over Fortnite voice chat. “Right” is the handedness Laine shoots. What does “now” rhyme with? “pow”. The sound P-Laine makes when clapping bombs. It’s all there

-Q
this level of gymnastics made me dizzy. i hate it.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
the “P” in this is capitalized, hinting at P-laine. “Quiet” implying Dallas quietly talking to him over Fortnite voice chat. “Right” is the handedness Laine shoots. What does “now” rhyme with? “pow”. The sound P-Laine makes when clapping bombs. It’s all there

-Q
I literally fell out of my chair at work laughing!

• Haha
Reactions: LT and Zapp

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I think my source went to the cabin for the summer.

Crickets from them.
Appreciate the quick response.

Would love for the Stars and Benn to negotiate a deal sooner rather than later. That being said I know there are some who prefer they let him walk and move forward with the new core.

I for one would be pretty bummed if they decide to part ways. Similar to the Mo situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kipper 17

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

Would love for the Stars and Benn to negotiate a deal sooner rather than later. That being said I know there are some who prefer they let him walk and move forward with the new core.

I for one would be pretty bummed if they decide to part ways. Similar to the Mo situation.

I don't see Benn leaving, and I don't see Nill not bringing him back. Unless he wants too much money. Hopefully he retires a Star

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Benn would be fine on a bonus laden short term deal with reduced AAV. My only worry is tha the continues to get PP#1 time because he's the captain.

Very Dustin Brown like career he's having.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I don't see Benn leaving, and I don't see Nill not bringing him back. Unless he wants too much money. Hopefully he retires a Star
Ya everything certainly points to that outcome. I’d be shocked if walks away from the legacy he has built in Dallas just to chase money. Maybe if the team was on the downswing but the way this franchise is going, I definitely see a low AAV with bonus money to help this team win a cup.

Benn would be fine on a bonus laden short term deal with reduced AAV. My only worry is tha the continues to get PP#1 time because he's the captain.

Very Dustin Brown like career he's having.
Mhmm definitely not. Benn is a tier above that’s for sure

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

I don't want an extension now. Wait until the season is over. He just turned 35. Things can fall apart quickly for guys his age. They've already greatly overpaid him for a bunch of seasons, so they should be careful about not jumping the gun to end up right back in the same boat.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Seguin came in at #10 for the worst contracts in the NHL. Benn fell off of the list because he only has one year left. Seguin with three remaining will probably fall off next summer after a new batch of dumb contracts get signed.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I can see why Nill doesn’t want to give these free agents more than 4 years after the Benn and Seguin contracts have handcuffed him a little. Really have to be a good drafting team to succeed. Hopefully Hemming works out since we are super thin with forward prospects. Also hope that one or two of Bertucci, Kyrou, Minettian turn out to be NHLers.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I mean Seguin performed at a 6-7M dollar level last year. Their model is I guess predicting a massive dropoff this upcoming season? OK. If he plays with Marchment and Duchene again I expect roughly similar results. The contract is basically a nonissue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad