Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm not suggesting Nill does this and have not seen anyone linking Dallas to him. I saw that post on IG. I wonder if there's a Klingberg reunion?

I know he was out for almost the entire year last year. Once again, I'm not suggesting it's a good move. Just an offseason thought.

Last edited:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I'm not suggesting Nill does this and have not seen anyone linking Dallas to him. I saw that post on IG. I wonder if there's a Klingberg reunion?

I know he was out for almost the entire year last year. Once again, I'm not suggesting it's a good mood. Just an offseason thought.
Please no

Reactions: Dallasman

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Quick Q for you Dallas followers, just wondering if you think Hintz will be taking significantly more faceoffs now that Pavelski has retired—my understanding is that they essentially split LS/RS strong sided faceoff opportunities for the better part of the last 3-4 years?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Most of us seem to think Johnston or Stankhoven will start in Pavs spot on the 1st line, Bourque possibly later in the season as well.

All three are right handed (Hintz left) and play/have played center regularly so I see them continuing the same system with whomever is slotted into Pavs spot.

Reactions: piqued and timw33

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dallas' MO is to have two face-off guys on every line

So Hintz' FO numbers will most likely not increase dramatically

Reactions: timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Most of us seem to think Johnston or Stankhoven will start in Pavs spot on the 1st line, Bourque possibly later in the season as well.

All three are right handed (Hintz left) and play/have played center regularly so I see them continuing the same system with whomever is slotted into Pavs spot.

Dallas' MO is to have two face-off guys on every line

So Hintz' FO numbers will most likely not increase dramatically

That's what I figured, much appreciated.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013

A few notes from this S&S podcast with Alberts:

1. They plan on broadcasting all of the home preseason games on Victory +.

2. Alberts mentioned a 24/7 stream on the app where they'll broadcast different videos and specials.

3. They might integrate an alternate broadcast of games with different personalities (like the Manning cast for the NFL). This seems more like a random thought from Alberts than something they've actually done any preparation for.

4. They won't retire Benn or anyone else's number unless they win a cup. I like that they're being conservative on who gets their jersey retired but this restriction is pretty stupid imo.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
I would be good with retiring Benn’s number.
100%. Franchise player, captain for a long time, leader on and off the ice, one of the only bright spots through some dark years, and loved by fans and teammates. Plus it'd be so weird seeing someone else wearing #14. Hasn't won a Cup (yet), but that's kind of a stupid bar to clear in my opinion. I really hope they do retire his number, he deserves it

Reactions: LT and Elysian

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
If they don’t retire Benn’s number that would be beyond stupid. If that’s the logic, then might as well throw up #20 in the rafters.

Winning a cup shouldn’t define if a player gets his number retired.

Hopefully they’re just saying that to not let Benn know his number is going up in the rafters while still chasing the cup.

Reactions: Elysian and LT

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
If they don’t retire Benn’s number that would be beyond stupid. If that’s the logic, then might as well throw up #20 in the rafters.

Winning a cup shouldn’t define if a player gets his number retired.

Hopefully they’re just saying that to not let Benn know his number is going up in the rafters while still chasing the cup.
Motivation ;)

Reactions: MBTendy

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
100%. Franchise player, captain for a long time, leader on and off the ice, one of the only bright spots through some dark years, and loved by fans and teammates. Plus it'd be so weird seeing someone else wearing #14. Hasn't won a Cup (yet), but that's kind of a stupid bar to clear in my opinion. I really hope they do retire his number, he deserves it

Nah.

No HHOF, no number retired.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Not to mention his on ice success for roughly 5 seasons where he was probably the top LW in the game after Ovi.

Winning the franchise’ only Art Ross (including North Stars).

Lastly the team success they’ve had the last 4 seasons has been phenomenal. If they manage to pull off a cup within the next couple of years, you could argue it’s the golden era of the franchise. And it’s being led by Benn while still being productive. Especially in the playoffs

Anybody around the organization when talking about #14 all believe it will be in the rafters, so I am sure that it will. I could see why Albert’s would say what he said though.

Edit: finally got around to listen to the episode. Top priority is the cup but Brad did say it’s subjective and other factors play a part. The part where he spoke about Benn’s number specifically, again imo it’s probably just a motivational factor strategy, and he doesn’t want to reveal his cards while Benn still has a few years to go. But again, after listening, Brad did leave the door pretty open about retiring a player’s number who hasn’t won a cup and ultimately there’s more factors involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeardtx and LT

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Nah.

No HHOF, no number retired.
1v1 me bro

Not to mention his on ice success for roughly 5 seasons where he was probably the top LW in the game after Ovi.

Winning the franchise’ only Art Ross (including North Stars).

Lastly the team success they’d have the last 4 seasons have been phenomenal. If they manage to pull off a cup within the next couple of years, you could argue it’s the golden era of the franchise.

anybody around the organization when talking about the #14 all believe it will be in the rafters, so I am sure that it will. I could see why Albert’s would say what he said though.

Edit: finally got around to listen to the episode. Top priority is the cup but Brad did say it’s subjective and other factors play a part. The part where he spoke about Benn’s number specifically, again imo it’s probably just a motivational factor strategy, and he doesn’t want to reveal his cards while Benn still has a few years to go. But after listening, Brad did leave the door pretty open about retiring a played’s number who hasn’t won a cup.
100% agreed

Reactions: MBTendy

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
For what it’s worth, Heika was just on Spits&Suds and he said he wasn’t surprised Brad said what he said knowing him for so long. Essentially said Benn’s number is definitely getting retired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad