Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Honka didn't even really deliver offensive flashes. He put up offense at a Craig Ludwig pace. He had nothing. I don't think Lundkvist is very good, but he's at least good enough to be an NHL player on a bad team. Honka was never even that.
Idk if you want Nils on a bad team either. There are a lot of ahl players who are really solid defensively. Giving him more time wouldnt solve it either imo. He wasnt getting many chances but also havent showed anything to deserve it. There are a lot of players who can do great even in limited time (some even play better).

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That's two top pair d-men at their peak, one second pair d-men, one second line winger, a bunch of 3rd/4th liners, a couple of 3rd pair d-men, and no goalies.

Yeah, that's a pile of trash. It looks like a list from a pre-Vegas expansion draft.

Nieuwendyk's tenure was absolutely terrible. You spend a few years in bankruptcy at the cap floor, and then you go to the draft every year and get nothing. That's bad.
I think it was MK88 who long ago pointed out that Niewy wasn't as bad as it seemed. A dozen players with hundreds of games is a decent measure. We are misled by the true mess up on his first pick, Glennie.

That said, games played in the NHL aren't the greatest measure. Sure, if we believe most coaches play according to merit most of the time, it measures NHL level talent. It doesn't measure NHL star talent. Niewy drafted below average (or near it) and the team suffered.

Nill has a few bad years and a few bad breaks (Nuke not busting out until he busted out of here) but most hockey folks call the drafts from 2015 (Hintz, Guri?) through last year one of the best draft runs ever, and with a minimum of lottery luck.

Throw in exciting trades in the first three years for Seguin, Spezza, Sharp, and Johns, and it has been pretty exciting. I simply believe we ought to enjoy the success rather than make ourselves miserable by hypothetical "what could have beens" in 20/20 hindsight.

I have my draft guide open and will be ready to see if he continues his good run of drafting (yes, last year is a question mark but time will tell.)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Goalie Matt Murray has yet to receive a qualifying offer. Is he still in the goaltending picture for the Stars. He and Demi Poirier had similar numbers for Texas.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I wouldn’t mind having Nils back, only if the coaches trust him. I think he was on pace close to 25-30 points.

Goalie Matt Murray has yet to receive a qualifying offer. Is he still in the goaltending picture for the Stars. He and Demi Poirier had similar numbers for Texas.
I heard we are dumping him and signing the other Matt Murray

• Haha
Reactions: joshik

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Yeah if Tanev is getting that kind of term screw that. Hope Nill has a big plan cause rolling out this team it will be a step back for sure.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2