Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
How good is Marino? I don't know much about him. I'm not that big on Walker.

This was during a down year for him in a Ruff system, if that tells you anything. Had some issues defending the slot, but that seems like an aberration given his career’s body of work.

Based on what I’m hearing from NJ fans, he could be had for a Marchment.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
If Lindell is worth almost 6 mil a year, Roy is worth 6 mil a year. Seems pretty fair. May have to look at the trade market and see if there is a team that needs to move out salary like Tampa or just a good deal for a RHD.

Reactions: LT

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I'd be content with 6M per for 5 years for Roy

I'd also be all for Marino

All I know for sure is we HAVE to have a top 4 RHD going into the season.

I'm not worried about much else. It's depth and can be relatively easily filled in.

Once Steel and Harley sign, we've got a good top 10 forwards and our top 3 D secured.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wonder if we look to add a guy like Bertuzzi. Looks like he will be a UFA. Had a good but nothing too crazy season.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I like Wedge the person but he can either take the same AAV or leave.

The problem is he doesn't push Jake whatsoever. I don't think Jake needs a buddy, he needs a competitor.
I go the other direction. I don't want to invest in an expensive backup who won't play in the playoffs. I want the cheapest possible average backup.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Won’t be Wedgewood if he’s asking for a raise. I have a weird feeling we sign Reimer for cheap.
And I don't want Wedgwood back. I'd try someone new. Shit, I'd start a rotation of cheap guys on one-year deals until a draft pick ever shows he deserves the job.

Spending cap space on a backup is crazy because you never know what you're getting, and backup goalie moves have been the one area Nill has consistently flubbed as GM where he's often overpaid for declining vets hoping something is still in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad