Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I like this but would make two changes:
I would trade Marchment, (dives, and takes too many penalties in the offensive zone) and replace with Blumel.
Use the Cap savings to sign Matt Roy, instead of Tyler Myers.
I’d love to add Roy. Can’t afford it though if we keep Tanev as well.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Blumel isn't going to replace Marchment's production.

and how small are we trying to make this team lol
If some people here had it their way the team would be a bunch of 20 year olds stuck in a endless rebuild loop

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
A real shame of there being no media on the ground covering the Stars once the season ended is we have received no rundown of the status of anyone's health. What was up with Hintz and Hakanpaa? Is Seguin having surgery? Is anyone else having surgery?

Reactions: LT and roryjones

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I’d love to add Roy. Can’t afford it though if we keep Tanev as well.
Probably won’t be the most popular take on here but I would rather Roy over Tanev if you had to prioritize. He is much younger and less injury prone.

Reactions: LT

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
A real shame of there being no media on the ground covering the Stars once the season ended is we have received no rundown of the status of anyone's health. What was up with Hintz and Hakanpaa? Is Seguin having surgery? Is anyone else having surgery?

Yeah Duchene being the first one to tell us Seguin might need surgery is pretty f***ing funny lol

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Probably won’t be the most popular take on here but I would rather Roy over Tanev if you had to prioritize. He is much younger and less injury prone.
The gamble though is whether they can sign Roy. They can negotiate with Tanev now. If they don't start with him and focus on Roy, there's a decent chance they sign neither.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Havent really talked draft here either.

As we lack 2nds/3rds in next 2 Drafts is it likely Nill trades down to gather some 2nds?

Or is the likely owner direction to make a selection at the Sphere in round 1 likely to be kept?

Wonder if even a small trade down to 32 is a possibility. The flyers have Florida's pick so might have some appetite to trade up and make their 2nd pick of the night

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
This seems like a good year to just kind of hope things work out while planning for the following year when they have more money and space opening up

*Unless Seguin pulls a Stone this year

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If a guy like Marner is going to be traded, every GM should dip their toes in the water.

The problem, obviously, is trading for him means also immediately giving him a mega extension taking him right up to 35 years old. Those contracts almost never age well.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
If you're like me and desperate for some rumors right now, we are apparently "Linked" to: Marner, David Savard, and Arthur Kaliyev(??)

What rumors has Dallas linked to Marner? Other than this one I have not seen anything linking him to Dallas. If Nill pulls that off you might as well hand him his 3rd straight GM of the year. I can’t see Toronto winning any Marner trade.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
If you're like me and desperate for some rumors right now, we are apparently "Linked" to: Marner, David Savard, and Arthur Kaliyev(??)

Linked to p-Laine as well -

IMG_3387.jpeg

TBD = To be Dallas:popcorn:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Friedman on Tanev:
I have to check and see on Dallas, I know they were hoping to try and keep him, but I heard the market for him was very high. I don't know that Vancouver is going to be able to do it. I think there's going to be teams like Toronto, and Ottawa, and others who are going to be interested and are going to be in. So I think he's got a very, very hot market.
Sounds like we're getting priced out.

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Gotta love this method of legal tampering. A team can't talk to players under contract, but they can tell "insiders" about their interest to make sure a player knows not to accept the offer on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad