Speculation: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Koepke is an unrestricted free agent. Can't help wondering if another team with more cap space makes him an offer.
Koepke underperformed in Syracuse most of the season. He is a player that a new organization might be the best thing for advancing his career.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Corey Perry on July 5:

"Why aren't teams calling? I said I wasn't retiring."

Poor dude is probably just numb to it. Bringing him in is a 4D chess move for teams losing in the final. He's essentially a counselor, taking a drag of the cig saying "first time?"

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I mean theres also the fact that, even at his speed and age, he is effective enough to not just be on a competitive roster but contribute to it as well. I think he is the opposite of what we needed from a third liner when he was here, but the guy is a pain in the ass and still has hands.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
A lot of our bottom six was ok or good, but maybe playing slightly over their heads in terms of role. We are used to having pretty big impact players on the third line, or at least as middle Sixers. Now a lot of our third liners would probably make great fourth liners.
I'll actually focus this comment a little further, the guys on the fourth line were actually okay, it was really the third line that never established itself and by extension never really produced. Glendening, Essy were honestly solid 4th liners, Chaffee really started to assume the role very late in the year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would bring Perry back for a million without a second thought. He might want another bottom feeder deal though, and then get a trade to a contender at the TDL.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I would bring Perry back for a million without a second thought. He might want another bottom feeder deal though, and then get a trade to a contender at the TDL.

Same, he's by far one of the most effective players in his price range.

Reactions: Stammertime91

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Perry has a lot to offer for cheap but he's the kind of guy I want to see us move away from. I have all I can handle of the Lightning spending 70% of our game time just wasting time until the next power play trying to play Chinese finger trap in the neutral zone. A dude pushing 40 isn't gonna help us play a heavier game

Reactions: LTIR Trickery

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Perry has a lot to offer for cheap but he's the kind of guy I want to see us move away from. I have all I can handle of the Lightning spending 70% of our game time just wasting time until the next power play trying to play Chinese finger trap in the neutral zone. A dude pushing 40 isn't gonna help us play a heavier game
I'm not sure what you think a 4th liner is.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We need other things. Young and fast doesnt win cups on its own. We are missing a lot of snarl since Maroon left. Perry comes with a level of dickhead that we could use.

We got young, fast and a whole lot of useless in the bottom 6 this year. Really amounted to nothing meanwhile the 3 guys pushing 40 we let go were significantly better the year before.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We need other things. Young and fast doesnt win cups on its own. We are missing a lot of snarl since Maroon left. Perry comes with a level of dickhead that we could use.

I agree to the last part. We need some more teeth in the lineup. I would say it is a near major issue because the Lightning could choke you out slow and steady while playing mind games. But right NOW we are just slow. If going full Pittsburgh and signing a 39 year old Perry instead of promoting from Syracuse, then it's time to burn down the farm.

I just don't want us to fall into the trap of signing old guys because we think there may be some tred on those tires still AND we get em cheap.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yep JBB let maroon go last year for young and faster how did that work out ?
We spent 75% of almost every game dicking around at a snail's pace with fast guys. It is so bad we've literally gotten to the point of running a PP that stands still. Of course it didn't work. Cooper and co need to upgrade the playbook. It's been 4 years of the SAME THING. The league knows how to beat us

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree to the last part. We need some more teeth in the lineup. I would say it is a near major issue because the Lightning could choke you out slow and steady while playing mind games. But right NOW we are just slow. If going full Pittsburgh and signing a 39 year old Perry instead of promoting from Syracuse, then it's time to burn down the farm.

I just don't want us to fall into the trap of signing old guys because we think there may be some tred on those tires still AND we get em cheap.
we just dont have the talent on the farm. Perry is almost always part of teams that go deep. We can make room for him.

We are at the point where age doesnt even matter. We have until Hedman ages out to win another cup. We cant focus on the rebuild before that. It's just whoever is the best guy on the best contract. Doesnt matter if he's 50.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

The farm was burned down to win the back to back Cups. While there some talent in the pipeline, the Syracuse roster has proved over the past three seasons that the talent level is not what many fans not in Syracuse believe it is.
Sadly, the fact the Crunch have signed Dumont and Walcott to another season of taking up two of the limited veteran spots proves that the bottom line is far more important than bringing in new talent and winning.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Perry is still better than anybody this organization has getting a promotion from Syracuse. He could fall off this year, but his production, style, and intangibles are all better than anybody on the fringe. Sure, he's incredibly slow, yet still very effective.

You don't get younger and faster for the sake of saying it when it doesn't translate to being better than heavier and slower. Teams need a balance. Right now, the bottom six is a band aid of both directions. We have a goon, Casper Sheary the ghost, Ace, Chaffee, and Glendening. If we are knocking Perry's speed, then move Jeannot as well because apart from fighting he's dog shit.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
We got young, fast and a whole lot of useless in the bottom 6 this year. Really amounted to nothing meanwhile the 3 guys pushing 40 we let go were significantly better the year before.
we need to get a young fast 4th line center that can drive play instead of the corpse of glendening and maybe our bottom 6 will be useful. just that one player makes sure our 4th line never even shoots the puck on net

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
We CANNOT have Chaffee playing above the 4th line this year. Otherwise, it's full late stage Pittsburgh and Washington, which is first round exit or miss the playoffs entirely.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
we need to get a young fast 4th line center that can drive play instead of the corpse of glendening and maybe our bottom 6 will be useful. just that one player makes sure our 4th line never even shoots the puck on net
Most players who drive play dont stay on the 4th line long.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad