Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I went with Maccelli, McBain and Bjugstad for a few reasons:

1. McBain could use the help on FOs and Bjuggy is good at taking draws.

2. Bjugstad has spent around half his nhl career as a winger and is comfortable going back and forth.

3. Two seasons ago Maccelli and Crouse had amazing chemistry with Bjugstad who was later traded. After the trade, McBain stepped into that role and that trio had great chemistry. So, would be curious if these three could rekindle some of that.

I went with Carcone over Doan for a few reasons:

1. Carcone won’t clear waivers
2. Doan is waivers exempt
3. Sokolov will likely clear

So this gives us the maximum depth in case of injury as it keeps all three depth wingers with the club and leaves us with multiple quality call-up options.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I went with Maccelli, McBain and Bjugstad for a few reasons:

1. McBain could use the help on FOs and Bjuggy is good at taking draws.

2. Bjugstad has spent around half his nhl career as a winger and is comfortable going back and forth.

3. Two seasons ago Maccelli and Crouse had amazing chemistry with Bjugstad who was later traded. After the trade, McBain stepped into that role and that trio had great chemistry. So, would be curious if these three could rekindle some of that.

I went with Carcone over Doan for a few reasons:

1. Carcone won’t clear waivers
2. Doan is waivers exempt
3. Sokolov will likely clear

So this gives us the maximum depth in case of injury as it keeps all three depth wingers with the club and leaves us with multiple quality call-up options.
Who is #23, Kolyachonok? Give Tij his 9 games (we'll see how it goes after camp, if he deserves it). When Doan eventually gets called up he will stick.
Agree that big Nick will be MM's RW, but still predicting that Stenlund will "rise to the occasion", makes a big target for MM to bounce targets off of!

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Could have had Caufield or Boldy or York or Harley. Plus the 2nd
Boldy went 12th and we would have drafted 14th.

Most redrafts have Maccelli around 11, at least Chayka ultimately covered for his own mistake. No one would be complaining if Soderstorm turned out to be the 11th best player in the draft in 5 years time and Maccelli fizzled out, but the outcome was the same.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Imagine using an 11th overall pick on a poor man’s version of David Schlemko and then peacocking around, crowing to the meadia about how he was 3rd overall on your list
Rundblad returning to Arizona in the form of Soderstrom was one of the many reasons Boy Wonder failed.

Reactions: Heldig

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Most redrafts have Maccelli around 11, at least Chayka ultimately covered for his own mistake. No one would be complaining if Soderstorm turned out to be the 11th best player in the draft in 5 years time and Maccelli fizzled out, but the outcome was the same.

It's true, but hitting big with Maccelli in the later rounds sure would have been great as an 'in addition to' rather than an 'instead of' though. It's still a missed opportunity.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes, but let's put more perspective around Chayka's drafts

2018 - 5th overall Hayton
2019 - 11th overall Soderstrom

pretty underwhelming 2-yr stretch there...doesn't matter if he hit a gem in Maccelli...he didn't hit any gems in 2018

As you already know, it's his fault the team had to forfeit a 2020 2nd rounder and a 2021 1st rounder for having his own little private scouting combine. He set this team back quite a bit in IMO. Maybe a bit of a mixed bag, but I think the negative outweighs the positive. He broke a rule that, even if you aren't familiar with said rule, is still so common sense that it's stupid to not realize it was not allowed. There's no redeeming for something like that.

Imagine grabbing Guenther plus making another high first round pick in 2021. I believe the pick forfeited ended up being 11th OA. Could've been picking 9th and 11th. Another missed opportunity. He torched a lot of draft capital during his tenure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schemp

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yes, but let's put more perspective around Chayka's drafts

2018 - 5th overall Hayton
2019 - 11th overall Soderstrom

pretty underwhelming 2-yr stretch there...doesn't matter if he hit a gem in Maccelli...he didn't hit any gems in 2018
Could of / should have been

2018 - 5th overall Quinn Hughes (though I wanted Dobson)
2019 - 11th overall Cole Caufield

:baghead:

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
As you already know, it's his fault the team had to forfeit a 2020 2nd rounder and a 2021 1st rounder for having his own little private scouting combine. He set this team back quite a bit in IMO. Maybe a bit of a mixed bag, but I think the negative outweighs the positive. He broke a rule that, even if you aren't familiar with said rule, is still so common sense that it's stupid to not realize it was not allowed. There's no redeeming for something like that.

Imagine grabbing Guenther plus making another high first round pick in 2021. I believe the pick forfeited ended up being 11th OA. Could've been picking 9th and 11th. Another missed opportunity. He torched a lot of draft capital during his tenure.
And Bahl,a 1st in '20 (18th OA, NJ picked Mercer, Schneider was picked @ 19) a 3rd in '21 for T Hall
Amazing what GMBA accomplished through the draft with these set backs!

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad