Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If I'm not mistaken, Vancouver fans said Cole was fine but over played, would have been better suited with 3rd line minutes. He can also play both sides. I'd be looking to add another top 4 LD and pushing Cole to the 3rd pair with Valimaki.

Sergachev is an offensive dman with passable defense. There may be some upside in his defensive game, but by no means should anyone expect him to shut down other players/teams with any level of regularity.

~~~~ I was never here oooooOoOo ~~~~

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Wouldn't surprise me if Stenlund ends up replacing McBain on that line (and why I previously said he'll have a career year).
I suspect they’ll want Stenlund on a shut down line with wingers who are also solid defensively and can be matched up against top lines and take D Zone draws.

If I'm not mistaken, Vancouver fans said Cole was fine but over played, would have been better suited with 3rd line minutes. He can also play both sides. I'd be looking to add another top 4 LD and pushing Cole to the 3rd pair with Valimaki.

Sergachev is an offensive dman with passable defense. There may be some upside in his defensive game, but by no means should anyone expect him to shut down other players/teams with any level of regularity.

~~~~ I was never here oooooOoOo ~~~~
Hey!!!! Hop onboard man!!!

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I think you and @rt are underselling Kesselring. He is still just 24, is 6'5", and as we have discussed many times, the bigger they are the longer they take to reach their full potential. I also thought Kesselring have a very solid season last year, and expect him to improve more this season.

Unfortunately, I missed the last 12 games of last season due to being away, and did not get to see Kolyachonok's games. I know he put up 4 points in 5 games, but I can't speak for how good he looked doing so.
I really liked Kesselring at the start of the year , but he was frequently out of position as the year went on and almost always costed us a goal against.

It was usually breakdowns in the offensive zone with him causing odd man rushes .. sometimes a bad pinch at the blue line, but mostly he would go to the net ,or corner when we already had a D down low, leaving us exposed at the blue line..

If they can coach that out of him, he can be a treat to watch.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Schmaltz Hayton Keller
Crouse Bugstad Maccelli
Kerfoot Cooley Guenther
Lob/ Carcone/ Sten/ McBain Doan

Schmaltz Bugstad Keller
Crouse Cooley Guenther
Macelli Hayton Doan
Kerfoot McBain / LOB/ Carcone/ Sten

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Don’t know if it means anything yet, but I’m assuming it’s correct. But on the official Utah website, they have Hayton listed as #27. Kesselring listed as #7, and Ingram listed as #38. Everyone else is the same. Stenlund is #82, Cole #28, Marino is #6, and Sergachev is #98.

Actually now that I think about it, O’Brien is #38, so the Ingram one is probably an error

Reactions: PuckLife

IronFinn

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
I really liked Kesselring at the start of the year , but he was frequently out of position as the year went on and almost always costed us a goal against.

It was usually breakdowns in the offensive zone with him causing odd man rushes .. sometimes a bad pinch at the blue line, but mostly he would go to the net ,or corner when we already had a D down low, leaving us exposed at the blue line..

If they can coach that out of him, he can be a treat to watch.
I agree that there were times that Kesselring pinched when he probably shouldn't have, and yeah, let's hope they can work on him with that. But I don't think the stats agree that he cost us many goals against, or at least he didn't cost us as many as he helped us score.

The team was a cumulative -18 on the year. Kesselring was a +11 on the year. Furthermore, if you look at his game by game stats, he ran between +3/-3 most of the season until the last 20 where he was a +10.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Keller Hayton Schmaltz
Crouse Cooley Guenther
Maccelli Stenlund Doan
Kerfoot McBain Bjugstad
Carconne/Spicy Tuna

Sergachev Marino
Cole Durzi
Valimaki Kesselring
Kolyachonok

Ingram Vejmelka

Can't see any team stopping them, they're Stanley Cup bound!

Reactions: lanky

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I really hope Crouse can turn his game around. He looked disinterested so many games last year. Hopefully the crowd gets him going.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Reactions: LittlePipes

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I know its strange, but the other morning I woke up thinking that the ghost of Chayka persists and haunts this team. Remember he was all about “the NHL has changed” and that speed was more important than size and strength. No need to move guys out of the crease. No need to let the other team know that there will be retribution for taking liberties. Outscore em every night. Right.
This is NOT what the 3rd and 4th round of the NHL playoffs look like, not this year, not any year.
I like the UHC team, but toughness has to go up a notch or two, otherwise the Chayka haunt is unabated… maybe we make a 1st round. Maybe.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Him moving to SLC I May makes me think he may be excited about this move.

Awful list. The correct list is

1. Simashev
2. Iginla
3 But
4. Beaudoin
5. Doan
I actually have it:

Dimitri Simashev
Daniil But
Tij Iginla
Maveric Lamoureux
Josh Doan
Michael Hrabal
Cole Beaudoin
Artyom Duda
Mikko Matikka
Sam Lipkin

Jonathan Castagna is a personal favorite of mine. I think he can slot in around Duda and has more upside than either of Matikka and Lipkin.

I like Beaudoin as a prospect. I just think he has limited upside. 3rd line center is what I see his upside as. I’m probably in the minority on this. But there’s something about him and his trajectory that screams Barrett Hayton to me.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
My wife is finding me annoying tonight so she told me to hang out with you guys instead.

What should we do? Talk about who's gonna have a big year? My vote is for Guenther.

We should make stupid claims, print the post out, and tape it to our office door.

I still have some taped to my door from last season, but they're out of date.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We should make stupid claims, print the post out, and tape it to our office door.

1 - Maccelli is going to lead the team in goals
2 - Carcone will beat O'Brien in the final round of the Healthy Scratch Press Box Spicy Tuna Roll Eating Competition
3 - Schmaltz will commit every drop of blood and ounce of energy to getting this team in the playoffs - breaking a team record for goals scored with a face

Reactions: Mangosteen

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
My wife is finding me annoying tonight so she told me to hang out with you guys instead.

What should we do? Talk about who's gonna have a big year? My vote is for Guenther.
Ingram for the Vezina!

So you come here to annoy us instead? Just kidding!

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

Here's another one.
Hayton's play this year will make Jakey give praise to him ( this may be my most outlandish prediction yet).

A safer prediction: Keller will not get traded to Toronto

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
1 - Maccelli is going to lead the team in goals
2 - Carcone will beat O'Brien in the final round of the Healthy Scratch Press Box Spicy Tuna Roll Eating Competition
3 - Schmaltz will commit every drop of blood and ounce of energy to getting this team in the playoffs - breaking a team record for goals scored with a face

My "planted flags"

Hayton gets 20 goals
Guenther gets 30
We have a top 10 power play
Cooley has at minimum 63 points

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad