Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
He was very close to doing so two seasons ago. The 2nd half of the 2022-2023 season was very encouraging. Then...last year happened.
Which is why I'd rather be surprised instead of expectant this time. I can't think of another player that works his ass off like Hayton does and still leaves me begging for more production, which we know he's capable of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimes

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He was very close to doing so two seasons ago. The 2nd half of the 2022-2023 season was very encouraging. Then...last year happened.
As someone who only recently looked into Hayton’s performance last season, his advanced metrics indicate he was extremely unlucky with puck luck. Controlled chances when he was on the ice

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
As someone who only recently looked into Hayton’s performance last season, his advanced metrics indicate he was extremely unlucky with puck luck. Controlled chances when he was on the ice

The term snakebit fits Hayton like a glove. He's got a lot more to offer, I'm just taking a more cautious and skeptical approach with Hayton after how last season turned out for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The term snakebit fits Hayton like a glove. He's got a lot more to offer, I'm just taking a more cautious and skeptical approach with Hayton after how last season turned out for him.
Snakebit? Maybe a lack of talent? I'm not the one making player decisions, but this year it's either shit or get off the pot in my opinion. Same as Kotkaniemi. Two top 5 picks, two disappointing players.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Snakebit? Maybe a lack of talent?
It's possible that the last half of the 22-23 season was a flash in the pan and, injuries aside, that what we saw last season is just who Hayton is as a player. That's why I'm hoping instead of expecting for next season.

this year it's either shit or get off the pot in my opinion.
Like @Grimes mentioned, he is still young. But yeah, clock is ticking.

Two top 5 picks, two disappointing players.
I stopped basing my expectations off where he was drafted a long time ago since we all know he was taken too early.

He's looking more like a Christian Dvorak than a top 10 pick, IMO. But that's still a useful player every team needs. Most seemed upset when we traded Dvorak so, draft position aside, maybe Hayton deserves more love too.

I saw a re-draft for 2018 (published last year) that in hindsight had us taking Kotkaniemi instead. :laugh:

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Good we can put those to bed now .. you can actually tell in Kellers interviews how happy he is to be here( well in Utah)
Hate to break it to you but he’s not happy. In fact he hates the idea of leaving silver leaf and going to Utah. Regardless on how you choose to read things, Keller isn’t thrilled with this whole move by any stretch. This isn’t my opinion either, this is reality.

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
Hate to break it to you but he’s not happy. In fact he hates the idea of leaving silver leaf and going to Utah. Regardless on how you choose to read things, Keller isn’t thrilled with this whole move by any stretch. This isn’t my opinion either, this is reality.
You got a source on that? Quotes from Keller?

Reactions: DustyDangler

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Should Utah buy Askarov now when Nashville is 'forced' to sell him? Would '26 2nd + Vladislav Kolyachonok be a fair trade?
If he can be got at a reasonable price, he should be got. However, he went 11th OA in 2020 and his stock hasn't exactly gone down so I doubt a 2nd gets it done. Further, the concept that Nashville might be forced to sell is likely coming from outside Nash as it sounds like they are comfortable with their current situation.

1720357820039.png

1720357842718.png

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
He makes enough money, he can keep his place in Arizona.

There is no team there so if he wants to play hockey he is moving.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
There is no team there so if he wants to play hockey he is moving.
That’s a good point. Phoenix isn’t an option for his line of work. There are only a handful of other resort town markets if there what’s important to him. Florida and Tampa lack the cap space. Same for Vegas. Anaheim doesn’t seem like a great fit as they’re full blown rebuilding. So…LA? That’s a be careful what you wish for type of situation, I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad