Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Sell high. No way is his production going to exceed last season's.
18.9% shooting % is pretty high and he did most of his doing early in the season. Only hope for a production increase would be for Bear to give him more ice and that doesn't seem likely. McBain, Stenlund, Kerfoot seems like a probable 4th line and feels like to me the Stenlund signing pushed Car cone out.

Carcone 2024 Goals:
Oct - 4
Nov - 6
Dec - 4
Jan - 1
Feb - 0
Mar - 4
Apr - 2

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So the TML rumours making the rounds...Keller and A Matthews hanging out in TO means Keller wants out of Utah.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I don't know what to make of these Marner rumors...but I'm starting to think the interest is real. It would be interesting. I don't think that Keller would be going back the other way though. This will probably not be a popular proposal but what if BA does something like Marner for Schmaltz + Doan + a 1st...maybe a little sweetener if necessary like a 3rd. Shane is in the TOR organization. You have Auston Matthews, OEL, Knies, Nylander and Shane Doan...all have AZ ties and ties to Doan and Schmaltz in some way. Kind of intriguing.

Keller - Bjugstad - Marner
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther
Maccelli - Hayton - Stenlund
Carcone/LOB - McBain - Kerfoot

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
Paying premium value is just rebuild rushing. Just stay on the course please, GMBA is cooking
My thoughts exactly. I think as it currently stands at this very moment, we’ve got an excellent setup for success. Add a high power trade too early and we destroy the rebuild and any longevity it may have… for maybe a year or two of quick, flash in the pan success.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don't know what to make of these Marner rumors...but I'm starting to think the interest is real. It would be interesting. I don't think that Keller would be going back the other way though. This will probably not be a popular proposal but what if BA does something like Marner for Schmaltz + Doan + a 1st...maybe a little sweetener if necessary like a 3rd. Shane is in the TOR organization. You have Auston Matthews, OEL, Knies, Nylander and Shane Doan...all have AZ ties and ties to Doan and Schmaltz in some way. Kind of intriguing.

Keller - Bjugstad - Marner
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther
Maccelli - Hayton - Stenlund
Carcone/LOB - McBain - Kerfoot
Are there more Marner rumors? All I’ve been hearing the last 24-48hrs is Toronto is gonna re-sign him.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Are there more Marner rumors? All I’ve been hearing the last 24-48hrs is Toronto is gonna re-sign him.
I've been hearing they're gonna re-sign him...also they have no interest in re-signing him and want to trade him but he isn't cooperating with the NTC...and that VGK and Utah are both heavily interested and negotiating behind the scenes....it's all a bunch of conflicting information, I have no idea what to make of it. I'm starting to believe that the rumors are real because of all of the "debunking" effort going on, as well as the fact that it feels like TOR has to make a major change and shakeup to their group to take the next step...

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I don't think BA would want Marner on the current roster. However if the rumors about Keller wanting out after the Utah move are true and he's the one going the other way, I can see it happening. I'd hate it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad