Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
A quick couple of things. They weren't necessarily booing Zappe, even though that asshat deserves to be booed. They were booing Maye getting 3 seconds of time before being sat. So the narrative that they were doing that to a scrub is false.

Secondly, this team is still woefully devoid of playmakers. That's all on Bill because he f***ed up in his GM role to a monumental level. He was just a complete clown by the end here. Grasping at straws and reaching for what have turned out to be really shitty players.

I tried to tell you all years ago, but all I got was labeled as ungrateful and a hater. In reality Bill won't get another sniff in this league because he wasn't the coach and GM everyone believed he was. In fact, he's bad at both jobs.
I'll give you even money odds, BB's the head coach of Dallas by this time next year.

McCarthy is a dead man walking and Jerry is gonna want to make an impact move after Dallas misses the playoffs this season. It will end badly for both of them, but it'll be spectacular to watch the implosion from afar...

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'll give you even money odds, BB's the head coach of Dallas by this time next year.

McCarthy is a dead man walking and Jerry is gonna want to make an impact move after Dallas misses the playoffs this season.
And that would be a nightmare bc jones meddles and won’t sit back and let Bill run things. But I doubt it. Jones wants the spotlight

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I am so far out of the Patriots loop and I can't tell if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It was, and a 6th round rookie QB looked a lot better than Zappe did
You could also say he looked better than the #3 OA pick did as well in his short stint. Either way all these exhibition games are just that, nothing to get too worried about or too high about.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You could also say he looked better than the #3 OA pick did as well in his short stint. Either way all these exhibition games are just that, nothing to get too worried about or too high about.

No I couldn't because Maye played one series and threw the ball 3 times. Zappe though played 7 of NE 12 possessions (just shy of 60%) and threw the ball 20 times.

Maye's night was over after less than 4 minutes of action.

Reactions: bbfan419

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The juju over meyers crowd has been painfully silent. They weren't when the moves originally happened.

I loved Meyers but that lateral pass to Chandler Jones was easily the dumbest play I've ever seen from a professional athlete and I had a feeling that there was no way they would bring him back after that.

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Its not hate. Most Patriots fans see Zappe for what he is, which is a fringe QB2. He's not the present nor the future of the team. He got a chance as a starter last year and really wasn't any better than Mac Jones.
He was better than Mac (any breathing QB was) but you're also mistaken on "most see him as a fringe QB2". No, that's not how most fans look at him. If that's how most viewed him I wouldn't have an issue. It's just the utter disdain of seeing him play or hearing his name from most people that is absurd and entirely over the top. Fans that want to crown Joe Milton, a guy who has let talent evaluators down his entire collegiate career.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The hate Zappe gets isn't because of his ability. He's perfectly adequate as a QB2, and like someone said, he's a 4th round QB who's contributed, that's more than most QBs taken there

My personal annoyance with his stems from the attitude. He thinks he should start, he thinks he's the answer. It started during training camp last year, and that attitude contributed to an absolutely toxic QB room with Mac being a pouty baby last year too.

There's being confident, and then there's being a douche. He's the latter.

Reactions: EvilDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad