Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
No one who plays for the Pats has to actually live in Foxboro, just play there. That's a nuthin burger.
Amazing how I was within walking distance of Gronk, Edleman, Welker and McCourty all those years living here for 25 years.

Being the clean, good natured town this is.

Last edited:

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
To me, this looks like an NBA move. Patriots didn't do anything wrong, Aiyuk wants to get paid but he really wants to get paid while playing for the Steelers. Player picking his destination while still under contract. That's where HE wanted to go from day one. Niners would have kept him but this is too ugly of a situation now so they'll milk everything out of Pittsburgh - "Brandon, you want to play for the Steelers? Make sure they know it's going to cost them because you screwed up every opportunity we had to trade you elsewhere."

Reactions: sarge88

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I wonder if our owner turning into a super embarrassing weirdo who besmirched the greatest coach in NFL history on his way out combined with our own players saying the team facilities are equal to a rundown abandoned high school's are keeping players away....
That stupid documentary was foolish and another smear on the Kraft legacy. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I wonder if our owner turning into a super embarrassing weirdo who besmirched the greatest coach in NFL history on his way out combined with our own players saying the team facilities are equal to a rundown abandoned high school's are keeping players away....
Who the hell (as a player) would wanna come here knowing the ownership wouldn't pay the greatest QB of all time and then got rid of the greatest coach (debatable) of all time .

Idk if I were a player looking in from the outside; I'd say thanks but no thanks. The schmenzer just screams of negativity and bad news.

If "you" had zero ties here wtf would entice you to want to sign and play here?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
To me, this looks like an NBA move. Patriots didn't do anything wrong, Aiyuk wants to get paid but he really wants to get paid while playing for the Steelers. Player picking his destination while still under contract. That's where HE wanted to go from day one. Niners would have kept him but this is too ugly of a situation now so they'll milk everything out of Pittsburgh - "Brandon, you want to play for the Steelers? Make sure they know it's going to cost them because you screwed up every opportunity we had to trade you elsewhere."
Foolish of the 49ers to think that they could give new guaranteed money to CMC and now it looks like they have to do the same for Trent, and still expect Aiyuk to be happy playing on the 5th year option.
Granted, those are their 2 best Offensive players, but still, it's a money thing for the players and they want it guaranteed.

See what they get to help them this year and whether they can make a move at the trade deadline if they don't get help at WR in the trade.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
is zo supposed to be doing play by play and he’s not talking?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
is zo supposed to be doing play by play and he’s not talking?
Can't blame him for that. He's not really supposed to be PBP for this format. It's supposed to be like a Manningcast thing almost.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Can't blame him for that. He's not really supposed to be PBP for this format. It's supposed to be like a Manningcast thing almost.
missed that the jabronis on nfl network never mentioned anything going in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad