Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I didn't know this existed until my son sent me this link today. Its actually pretty hilarious. My son's a Commanders fan (born and raised in DC) and the write up on them had me in stitches. As I was reading this, I couldn't help but think @EverettMike would be a great addition to this writing staff... The Carolina one was even better.

That is very kind of you, than you.

---A Defector subscriber and huge Drew Magary fan

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
That is very kind of you, than you.

---A Defector subscriber and huge Drew Magary fan
The Pats review got released today....Not quite as funny as the Washington and Carolina one, but still entertaining.

This was my favorite reader comment:

1721938288163.png

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
USA Today’s NFL projections have Patriots 3-14 worst record in the league

Giants, panthers, broncos are at 4-13

Jets 12-5 & winning SB over GB

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I had Bruins in 2022-23 at 120 points when majority of publications had them missing playoffs and esteemed poster quietbruin fan mocked me and guaranteed they won’t make playoffs

They got all time record lol

I follow the nfl very closely and especially Patriots

I’ll just say if I was a degenerate gambler this would be like stealing

Their defense is high end and they are a good LT and Aiyuk from being a serious playoff team

Reactions: RI.B FAN

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

The Jets are the Leafs of the NFL. They at least won after Sgt. Pepper was released. Abbey Road was out when the Jets had their championship parade.

Reactions: DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

That's an easy over 3 wins. With this talent on defense, I can't see them finishing dead ass last, even if Maye has rookie jitters.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
First things first. Prayers to him for a full recovery.

Secondly. Depending on what medicine he uses, he could still be cleared to play. However, that will probably take 6 months to evaluate if he can come off them. There's a bunch. My uncle had to use Cumadin, which requires sticking a needle in your stomach. My mom takes Eliquis which is just a pill, twice a day. When taking blood clot medicine, you cannot be hit in the head. And then the risk of bleeding, etc He'll be evaluated later on his clotting time by a blood test. And if he can even come off medicine at all.

It's a long process. Do not expect him to play this year.

I was very surprised that Freddy Anderson played again last season for the Canes.

I learned a lot from my uncle and mom's situation. Both different issues. It's very traumatic. I wish him a full recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Hungus

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Let’s pretend Pats land 1OV. Do you draft a high end DE or LT or do you trade the pick ?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Let’s pretend Pats land 1OV. Do you draft a high end DE or LT or do you trade the pick ?
Not a great QB draft, so unless someone is willing to offer a ransom for the pick, you just draft LT.

THat being said, I don't think they're 1OA barring half the team being injured.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This feels like a dumpster fire already lol

With the Barmore news, take that expected win total down one.

Also, for all the diaper babies who like to complain about the media...Greg Bedard was right on Judon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad