2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Hopefully Boston doesn't upset Florida this round. I don't see them having any shot against the rags.

I think a Florida-NYR series could go 50:50. They're the only hope in the East IMO.

Although I do see a lot of good WC teams, all who could realistically take the rags out in the Finals.

Reactions: The Real JT

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Andersen makes 4 or 5 series saving saves vs the isles, now can’t stop a beach ball.

Reactions: Lek

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
ESPN has no limits on sucking the Rag’s dicks.

Shesty gives up a late goal and then ESPN flashes a stat saying he’s given up 3 goals or less in his last 27 playoff games. At that point in the game he had given up 3 goals on about 20 shots. Good career stats for Shesty? Sure. Did they said it earlier in the game? Yes and why say it again at that time?

I think we know the answer. They have a limited number of talking points and they’re not particularly prone to providing useful analysis of the game at hand.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
ESPN has no limits on sucking the Rag’s dicks.

Shesty gives up a late goal and then ESPN flashes a stat saying he’s given up 3 goals or less in his last 27 playoff games. At that point in the game he had given up 3 goals on about 20 shots. Good career stats for Shesty? Sure. Did they said it earlier in the game? Yes and why say it again at that time?

I think we know the answer. They have a limited number of talking points and they’re not particularly prone to providing useful analysis of the game at hand.

Ferraro is NYR-centric and Forslund Canes-centric; though I think they’re both with the TNT/TBS crew. Both annoy the f*** out of me.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Wyatt Johnston 20 years old, 23rd pick in the 2021 draft.

He just scored the Star’s first goal in game 7.
32 goals and 65 points in the regular season and 1 point per game this postseason.

Cost controlled high end talent. I’m jealous.
So are the 22 teams that passed on him.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
In the West I want the best teams to take out Rangers, I thought Vegas would make it far.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Wyatt Johnston 20 years old, 23rd pick in the 2021 draft.

He just scored the Star’s first goal in game 7.
32 goals and 65 points in the regular season and 1 point per game this postseason.

Cost controlled high end talent. I’m jealous.
1714963695672.png

whatever you do, do not see who picked before Dallas

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
So are the 22 teams that passed on him.
I think the Coyotes (or whatevers) have reason to be pleased about Guenther, too.

That will continue to be a draft where surprises emerge simply because scouting was so hampered, and development was so altered by the lack of play during the pandemic. That year was the most affected. Dallas's top two picks seem to be big hits. They had an amazing draft in 2017, the Harley pick in 2019 looks good, the 2021 draft as mentioned, and we're going to see about Bourque (2020). Bizarre pick in 2019 when they picked Dellandrea over Farabee. (In retrospect, and some *did* say it at the time, Farabee would have been a better pick than Wahlstrom.)

Aaron Ekblad is not a good defender.
His best talent is size.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
And, I'm not arguing it should have been or should not have been. I'm just curious if there's a raging debate about it going on, since I avoid the dopey main board at all cost.

Well, the video evidence says it was really close. Honestly, if that was called icing, would people be screaming horseshit?

True, but sometimes they don't.
In Boston? They scream it for the waiter dropping the garlic rolls.

And Jack Edwards would give the decision to the rolls if they have a yellow and black basket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad