2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Def good hockey these conference finals. May the best team win. Do think the rags are doing what they have to do. How many ot wins they have these last two series?. (4) Out of their six wins?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Watching the Stars and Oilers makes it painfully obvious the Islanders play in slow motion.
well yeah look at the 4th line and look at what Dallas and co have

funny how the isles went 3-1-0 against both as well this year so I dont think speed is THE biggest problem: Its that we need consistency

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Speed isn’t only skating speed. It’s also quick, accurate puck movement. We’re a team of terrible passers.
yeah thats a big problem on the bottom 6. I would really like to see more from our bottom 6

i would still consider a ton of fixes on that end before we fix any of our core 6 defenders as of now

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
yeah thats a big problem on the bottom 6. I would really like to see more from our bottom 6

i would still consider a ton of fixes on that end before we fix any of our core 6 defenders as of now
It’s a problem in our top 6 also. Brock Nelson is probably the worst passer on the team, which is a big problem since he’s part of our middling power play.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
well yeah look at the 4th line and look at what Dallas and co have

funny how the isles went 3-1-0 against both as well this year so I dont think speed is THE biggest problem: Its that we need consistency
They dump and chase (or hobble) the opposition around the rink. They don't have players who consistently skate the puck into the offensive zone (Barzal excluded). And they look like statues on the penalty kill (~3rd worst). They need a lot of things, and speed is certainly one of them. 3-1 (out of the playoffs) against teams on the brink of the cup. That's just dandy.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
You guys see that Trouba commercial?

IMG_7097.jpeg

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I’d love to finish the job and knock messiers mouth the rest of the way off his head.

Last edited:

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Yeesh, Igor has been good but man watching NHL hockey for a long long time it's not in the stratosphere of epic performances come the post season.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
What Shesterkin is doing is what we are supposed to have been getting from Sorokin and have not one single time in the playoffs the past two seasons. The Rags are getting so vastly outplayed in almost every game these past two rounds, yet they still are winning most games. It is insane. The Rags have been the better team in maybe 2 out of the last 10 games and have won either 6 or 7 of them.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
They dump and chase (or hobble) the opposition around the rink. They don't have players who consistently skate the puck into the offensive zone (Barzal excluded). And they look like statues on the penalty kill (~3rd worst). They need a lot of things, and speed is certainly one of them. 3-1 (out of the playoffs) against teams on the brink of the cup. That's just dandy.
and the PK thing is 100% on bad coaching from assistants

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Reinhart has really become a great player over the last few seasons, really kicked it into another gear. That 24.5% shooting percentage this past season is insane though, don’t think that’ll be sustainable unfortunately :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad