2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
If you just look at stats sure, I don't. Bouchard isn't anywhere close to the same stratosphere as Makar. He's a complimentary piece and Makar is a pillar, and Makar will go down as one of the best defensemen the NHL has ever seen. He's had a nice season, and post-season, but without the top two players on Edmonton he wouldn't be doing nearly as much. Makar would bring that same level of play anywhere he went.
Get back to me in 3 years

A complimentary piece?

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Not to get off topic here, but with all the praise that JB12 got while he was playing here (not for actual on ice play though) -- with his great "hockey IQ" and "Leadership" and "team dedication" and all those other wonderful intangibles which all his fans loved to mention...

You'd think he would have been picked up/offered a position where he could leverage those fabulous qualities? I mean ANY team could hire him for any position really -- but if he REALLY has such abilities, youd think the Isles would maybe even giving him -- at least --- an assistant to the traveling secretary job, no?

I mean, a guy like that really would be such a great asset to the organization -- hard to believe nothing has happened..

Unless of course, he ACTUALLY has been fired off into space which was suggested many times here?

Or perhaps dippin dots, freezer compressor technician? Not sure....

Sorry -- MJF started this... just got me thinking...
or....he is just happy where he is....which happened way too much on the ice his last few years.

Reactions: Throttle

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not to get off topic here, but with all the praise that JB12 got while he was playing here (not for actual on ice play though) -- with his great "hockey IQ" and "Leadership" and "team dedication" and all those other wonderful intangibles which all his fans loved to mention...

You'd think he would have been picked up/offered a position where he could leverage those fabulous qualities? I mean ANY team could hire him for any position really -- but if he REALLY has such abilities, youd think the Isles would maybe even giving him -- at least --- an assistant to the traveling secretary job, no?

I mean, a guy like that really would be such a great asset to the organization -- hard to believe nothing has happened..

Unless of course, he ACTUALLY has been fired off into space which was suggested many times here?

Nothing to apologize for. Bailey is the prime example of how Isles fans overvalue their own players. Meanwhile Josh sat home all year waiting for an NHL team to call while he killed time coaching 12 year olds at the Sports Hub. After the Sens released Bailey no call came.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
While the Panthers didn’t play a real heavy game last night, they forechecked and used their bodies effectively to stifle the Rags.

While Panarin always scares me, he also consistently withers when he’s up against a team like Florida that consistently pressures the open style he excels at.

Sure it’s only one game but that’s gotta weigh on the Rags’ psyche. So sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osakahaus

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
You think Bouchard is driving play in Edmonton?

What is your issue with him? He's been terrific this year. What is this about? You don't score on defense like he does if you're not doing some driving. He's got TEN game winning goals this year, that's DRIVING SUCCESS to me! Don't you agree?

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
No
The Panthers are just that good
Pretty rare to see a faster team that plays this smart and well organized
And Barkov is way ahead of any Ranger in all around play
He's Brian Trottier with more size
Barkov went from a playoff zero to a playoff hero under Paul Maurice. Guy is arguably going to become the best Finnish center ever if he continues to grow.

But you know who the BIGGEST key to the Panthers success is? Forsling. Absolute monster on the blue line and continues to be the most underrated player in my eyes. Nobody ever brings his name up either.

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Barkov went from a playoff zero to a playoff hero under Paul Maurice. Guy is arguably going to become the best Finnish center ever if he continues to grow.

Not sure where you get that from, he's been very consistent in his playoff performances; it's the team that might have struggled

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Not sure where you get that from, he's been very consistent in his playoff performances; it's the team that might have struggled

really? I still just remember him too much from being stonewalled in 2016 against Griess. That save was legendary.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What is your issue with him? He's been terrific this year. What is this about? You don't score on defense like he does if you're not doing some driving. He's got TEN game winning goals this year, that's DRIVING SUCCESS to me! Don't you agree?

You just keep looking at the stats instead of how he plays vs Makar.

I don't think he's driving success, no. I think McDavid and Draisaitl are and he's doing a nice job being a complimentary piece to the most talented player we've ever seen and a top 5-10 NHL forward. I don't have an issue with anything other than your suggestion that he's somehow at the same level of Makar.

If you take Makar and put him on the Islanders, how well does he do?
If you take Bouchard and put him on the Islanders, how well does he do?

Makar would be considerably more effective. If you don't agree with that then there's nothing more to talk about.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

He has $47M in earnings to do what he wants to do.

Maybe he gave the Sens a shot, didn’t make it, then after no one called and just realized his ride was over as a player.

Some guys are just mercenaries like a Corey Perry that will play anywhere, anytime, until it all falls apart and he can’t do any longer.

Not every player is a same robot mold.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
No
The Panthers are just that good
Pretty rare to see a faster team that plays this smart and well organized
And Barkov is way ahead of any Ranger in all around play
He's Brian Trottier with more size

I definitely did not think the Rangers played that badly at all. It was just a case of Florida was a bit better. I still would be surprised if they won the series in the end but if they were to go up 2-0 I'm not sure I see the Rangers coming back from that, the advantage to NYR losing this game might be less rest if Dallas sweeps or wins in 5 which I think they do

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
Hell of a win for the oilers especially after killing mcdavids double minor in the first OT and of course he would win it for them.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Where was the Dallas D? The oilers second goal was an abomination

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I’ve got something in my front pocket for you.
Give it a little squeeze and say how do you do?
While Panarin always scares me, he also consistently withers when he’s up against a team like Florida that consistently pressures the open style he excels at.

Sure it’s only one game but that’s gotta weigh on the Rags’ psyche. So sad.
My personal pick for who will torture Rangers fans will be Sam Bennett. That dude has been nothing short of a playoff monster and all he does is constantly deliver hit after hit after hit.

Shame on the Flames for trading him away for peanuts. What a terrible trade.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Lots of great panthers hits. Raggies better keep their heads up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad