GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
JAM to Nashville

No big names left that are really worth taking. No top 6 guys left either.

Screw Mantha, but knowing JBB Mantha or Sheary is our top 6 player next year. Yuck

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We need at least one more top 6 forward and at least one more bottom 6 forward. Ideally two top 9 forwards and some nastiness to the 4th line.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
duclair is still out there. and we can always get a top 6 forward at the deadline

Reactions: Outl4w

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
We need at least one more top 6 forward and at least one more bottom 6 forward. Ideally two top 9 forwards and some nastiness to the 4th line.
No way we are filling that order on 7 million...

Well, the good news is that the Stamkos will we be able to resign is done.

So, who is available and what other trades?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Preds making it rain for JM, Stammer, and Skjei means they're less likely to re-sign Zucker and/or Sherwood, who are two of my top targets.

Drouin and Heinen would also be a great 2nd line pickups for the right price. Not sure if we'd go back to that well for the former though.

Also really like Lizotte, Girgensons, and Leason for the 3rd line. We really need a defensive-minded guy to put with Paul, since he's been ass defensively lately.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Brisebois has been a f*** up if you take off the rose colored glasses.

Went with Sergachev over McDonagh. Jeannot debacle. Circled back to McDonagh out of 5,000 LD in the league. Ship out Sergachev after that overpaid ass contract. In the end, it cost us another captain and face of our franchise.

The fact the Sergachev trade didn't up our offer from 3M magic beans to hit 5-6M at 5 years is ridiculous. I love this team and will continue to root for this franchise, but it's hard to imagine any expectation of loyalty or "we'll make it work" with this GM. Guy offered him a contract less than Palat as if he skated on one leg and hit 15 goals. I'd have personally packed Cirelli's bags so f***ing fast if I was Vinik.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Stamkos just called in to TSN, seems devastated. Clearly states he did everything he could to stay, alluded to JBB making his mind up earlier.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Sign dukes for a year or two around 4 million. Trade Sheary for anything or nothing.

I think we soured too much on him in the playoffs to bring him back. But yea he's not a bad option out there if we can get him for cheap. I just think a lot of teams are gonna see 24 goals for consecutive seasons and overpay him.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
How do you let the guy who led us to 2 cups, started the trend of taking team discounts and face if the franchise for almost 2 decades just walk in free agency....WHEN HE WANTED TO BE HERE AND TAKE ANOTHER DISCOUNT.

I've been out on JBB for 2 years now, but man, I can't wait for him to get the boot.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Shit I didn't see Zucker got signed. Crap. But $5M AAV is way too much. On to the next options...

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Tarasenko or Skinner.

Wanted Tuevo. I don't want Duclair back. Guy no shows in the playoffs

Guentzel - Point - Kuch
Hagel - Cirelli - Paul
Sheary - Geekie - Ace
Motte - Glendening - Chaffee

Reactions: Outl4w

Ad