GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think we're done.

Moser getting a 3x3 probably and then we need to keep some cash for Hedman extention.

Imagine Heddy leaves now cause his best friend is in Nashville now

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
trade for ehlers?

been on the block forever it seems.

$6m this year then a UFA. have them take Sheary to make it and/or have retain

dont really seen any other legit top 6 options

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We were so close to having the best top 6 in the league had we gotten Stammer but JBB fumbled it. He'll probably sign Duclair but duclair isn't a needle mover. We're a one line team. We got better 5 on 5 but we still aren't better than Toronto or Florida
What a dog shit second line. What could go wrong there...

It's not a bad idea idea, I'd prefer a 3 year term to keep in our window, but there's slim to none on top 6 options available right now
trade for ehlers?

dont really seen any other legit top 6 option

It's not a bad idea idea, I'd prefer a 3 year term to keep in our window, but there's slim to none on top 6 options available right now
trade for ehlers?

dont really seen any other legit top 6 option

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So Cirelli NMC is in today. He HAS to be a consistent 20 goal scorer and 50+ point 2C now. No ifs or what's about it. He has to be better. He's the 2nd line now. We aren't getting a top 6 winger for the 2nd line.

JBB probably working on Mason and Heddy. Any notable player (for our top 6 or bottom 6) are signed now. I think we roll with what we got with an eye on TDL with like 2.5 in cap

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
So Cirelli NMC is in today. He HAS to be a consistent 20 goal scorer and 50+ point 2C now. No ifs or what's about it. He has to be better. He's the 2nd line now. We aren't getting a top 6 winger for the 2nd line.
Just wait until his mom comes in here to defend him and say how great he is, how useful to the team he is, etc.

Brisebois had a top 6 people would dream of and fumbled like you said. Literally right there in front of him. Now we are looking at Foegele, Sprong, etc who people didn't want as top 9 options to play in our top 6. Lmaoooooooo

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
If we don't make another big move jbb didn't what jbb does best a bunch if questionable moves that marginally improves the team. He always tries to be the smartest gm and smartest man in the room. If we don't win a round this year; then he sealed his fate. Nsh trades us Stamkos back at 50% back for Cirelli is our past hope
Just wait until his mom comes in here to defend him and say how great he is, how useful to the team he is, etc.

Brisebois had a top 6 people would dream of and fumbled like you said. Literally right there in front of him. Now we are looking at Foegele, Sprong, etc who people didn't want as top 9 options to play in our top 6. Lm

Reactions: Stammertime91

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Cirelli is still tradable until next July 1st btw for those wondering. Sergachev and Cernak I believe have protections now however

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Relax guys. It’s possible we don’t figure out everything today. Having $7M in cap space with just Moser and a top-6 forward to sign gives us some flexibility for the rest of the summer and during the season.

Now is not the time to overreact and overpay one of the remaining names. The reports are saying we’ve been engaged by other teams about trade options since we cleared space. Trades could take all summer to figure out.

Job isn’t done yet for sure. I too would like to see more forward depth added. But as a big JBB skeptic, I’m at least on-board with the first few moves we’ve made.

Reactions: Peacefool

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Skinner, Stephenson (likely too pricey), Tarasenko, Sprong, Henrique, Duclair (eww), Roslovic, Wennberg

only notable names left

If they wanna mess with the defense instead

Ghost, Carrier, Schmidt, Schultz

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I'm surprised tho, I was sure we would already have ready the signing for the 2nd line filler.
Really don't want to go back to Duclair, his playoff performance isn't what we are looking for.

Reactions: The Gongshow

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Had we kept Stammer and Guentzel we would have easily be the favourite in the Atlantic. Now we have a huge hole in our top 6 and are a one line team

Ugh. Wrre gonna sign Duclair aren't we. It'll be hopefully cheap but he isn't a needle mover and isn't a playoff guy.

Gimme Skinner!!

Reactions: Stammertime91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad