GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Oh dang. Good call out there. We can cross Skinner off. Hearing Stamkos on TSN he wasn't pleased with how it all went down. Skinner isn't coming here
David Pagnotta was on NHLN saying that Edmonton was interested in him.

Jeff Skinner also has the same agent as Steven Stamkos, and in a relationship business, that may complicate things.

Sheary really gonna be our 2nd line winger eh. JBB should be fired.

Fumbled Guentzel and Stamkos as our top 6.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Sprong isn't a 2nd line guy. And teams are gonna see ~20 goals and overpay him. Hard pass.

The only realistic options I see right now are Wennberg and convert him to wing, Roslovic, or maybe Tatar?

Slim f***ing pickens now.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Nashville continues their trend of signing over the hill centers. Buying out Duchene while he was still good then signing Stamkos? I really don't get why they wanted him so bad, Filip Forsberg essentially plays the exact same role but is younger and better.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Nashville continues their trend of signing over the hill centers. Buying out Duchene while he was still good then signing Stamkos? I really don't get why they wanted him so bad, Filip Forsberg essentially plays the exact same role but is younger and better.
They will regret playing him as a centre.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
as much as i second guess jbb, im pretty calm and confident that he has a plan for the remaining cap space

if history is any indicator, he's gonna spend every penny of it

ufa options aren't pretty, so i think a trade has to be in the works

woudn't be surprised if Geekie gets immediately flipped, maybe teams value Perbix decently? especially seeing with what some of these ufa's rhd are getting

i mentioned Ehlers earlier, but i also really liked the Laine idea mentioned in this thread too

Geekie/Howard, Perbix, 2026 1st

not sure if that's not enough, but a decent base of an offer for something

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Basically it's just -Stammer - Serg +Guentzel +Moser
I don't see any significant improvement. It would be better to re-sign Stammer and sign another top 6 player instead of Guentzel.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
as much as i second guess jbb, im pretty calm and confident that he has a plan for the remaining cap space

if history is any indicator, he's gonna spend every penny of it

ufa options aren't pretty, so i think a trade has to be in the works

woudn't be surprised if Geekie gets immediately flipped, maybe teams value Perbix decently? especially seeing with what some of these ufa's rhd are getting

i mentioned Ehlers earlier, but i also really liked the Laine idea mentioned in this thread too

Geekie/Howard, Perbix, 2026 1st

not sure if that's not enough, but a decent base of an offer for something
That is absolutely terrible. Why the hell would we trade that? So dumb.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I don't see any significant improvement. It would be better to re-sign Stammer and sign another top 6 player instead of Guentzel.
We basically got better slightly 5v5, Moser is a mystery right now, but for all intents and purposes perfect for the second pairing role, and Geekie has no signs of not panning out to be a 2C/3C. We extended the window a bit and plugged some holes with luxury items we had. It's not the worst, not the best, if some how we use the remaining money to find a Top 6 forward, we got better than last year.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We basically got better slightly 5v5, Moser is a mystery right now, but for all intents and purposes perfect for the second pairing role, and Geekie has no signs of not panning out to be a 2C/3C. We extended the window a bit and plugged some holes with luxury items we had. It's not the worst, not the best, if some how we use the remaining money to find a Top 6 forward, we got better than last year.
On paper our D looks better
Hedman - Raddysh
McDonagh - Cernak
Moser - Perbix
Liliberg

Our offense is still a nightmare. We're a 1 line team.

Geekie should get a shot at 3C to start the year

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Can’t forget about McDonagh. To me we got much better 5v5 just looking at the replacements in a vacuum, but there are still holes in our lineup we need to fill.

Reactions: Zwui21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad