GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Had we kept Stammer and Guentzel we would have easily be the favourite in the Atlantic. Now we have a huge hole in our top 6 and are a one line team
Yup. And by and large because our "2C" is f***ing dog shit at driving offense so coupling him with Hagel turns it into a shutdown line and thus, a one line team offensively.

There's not one f***ing UFA this team should splash money at in hopes of filling the 2RW spot. Try through a trade somehow, but none of these guys mesh.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if by next summer Kucherov requests a trade. Moving Sergachev and Stamkos cannot be sitting well with that dude. He gets slashed on the wrist and is ready to two hand people, he's gotta be fuming right now at losing two close friends and contributors.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yup. And by and large because our "2C" is f***ing dog shit at driving offense so coupling him with Hagel turns it into a shutdown line and thus, a one line team offensively.

There's not one f***ing UFA this team should splash money at in hopes of filling the 2RW spot. Try through a trade somehow, but none of these guys mesh.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if by next summer Kucherov requests a trade. Moving Sergachev and Stamkos cannot be sitting well with that dude. He gets slashed on the first and is ready to two hand people, he's gotta be fuming right now.
JBB has set the precedent. Kuch, Vasy, Point all probably won't get new deals. I'm surprised Heddy is even getting one, but thatz because we have both Hedman replacements

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Question. If you knew nothing else about this player other than these stats for the last three years, and that he's healthy. Would you want him for 1-2m??

1719855316191.png

Reactions: The Gongshow

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Skinner, Stephenson (likely too pricey), Tarasenko, Sprong, Henrique, Duclair (eww), Roslovic, Wennberg

only notable names left

If they wanna mess with the defense instead

Ghost, Carrier, Schmidt, Schultz

Skinner - too expensive
Stephenson - gone
Tarasenko - too expensive
Sprong - got benched/demoted in Detroit late in the season...not a 2nd line guy
Henrique - too expensive

Wennberg - maybe...but he's played center his whole career
Roslovic - seems like a stretch for the 2nd line
Duclair - ugh...hope not...but if we can get him cheap it wouldn't be the worst thing

Question. If you knew nothing else about this player other than these stats for the last three years, and that he's healthy. Would you want him for 1-2m??

View attachment 890758

Getting him for $1-2M per is crazy talk.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Wonder if JBB's reaching out to CBJ, asking for a 50% retained Laine.
He asked for a trade a while back and CBJ management is trying to accommodate him.

Would obviously cost some (especially the retention), but he'd fit in very nicely on the 2RW, and we'd have a right shooter to slot in Stammer office

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Skinner - too expensive
Stephenson - gone
Henrique - too expensive

Duclair - ugh...hope not...but if we can get him cheap it wouldn't be the worst thing

Shattenkirk situation. He'd take a cheap 1 year deal to the right team to inflate his value, he was just bought out so has his $$$

Promise him PP time and he'd sign

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Skinner - too expensive
Stephenson - gone
Henrique - too expensive

Is Skinner gonna be expensive? He just got bought out, he needs to "prove it" a bit. He could take a 4x1, 5x1. Id prefer 2 years term though. He's not getting 7+

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
He asked for a trade a while back and CBJ management is trying to accommodate him.

Would obviously cost some (especially the retention), but he'd fit in very nicely on the 2RW, and we'd have a right shooter to slot in Stammer office
CBJ is getting a new coach. They might not trade him.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Shattenkirk situation. He'd take a cheap 1 year deal to the right team to inflate his value, he was just bought out so has his $$$

Promise him PP time and he'd sign

You're still bidding against other teams who will offer him more. I'd be absolutely shocked if he goes for that little. But yea if we could get him for $3-4M I'd def pull that trigger in a heartbeat.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Idk about Laine. He needs out of Columbus but we'd need him more than 50% retained

Ehlrs could be an interesting trade option too, but I doubt we trade at this point. We don't have much.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
It's amazing how much name recognition inflates some of these contracts. You can put two guys' stats side by side and the small market guy who is looking for a second contract is gonna get half of some aging vet.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
You're still bidding against other teams who will offer him more. I'd be absolutely shocked if he goes for that little. But yea if we could get him for $3-4M I'd def pull that trigger in a heartbeat.

Maybe I'm undershooting here, but honestly he's pretty one dimensional and not many teams are going to give him the quality ice time with super stars we would.

Guess we'll see

Personally I am glad Duclair is no longer and option

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Here's my board -Not that it'll happen but its fun to play along

Adam Henrique
Daniel Sprong

Ilya Lyubushkin (RD)
Alexandre Carrier (RD)
Sean Walker's still out there (Both)