GDT: 2024 NHL first round. 7PM EST / 4PM PST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spfan

May 4, 2009
Bium played on a stacked team, so his numbers are inflated. There is a reason he fell in this draft. He is not Adam Fox level...Every cup winner in past 10 years has a team full of Big D-men.
Yeah cause draft position always dictates the outcome. I'd have taken Benson top 5 last year. He dropped. Those teams look dumb, already.

Chicago could’ve walked out of this with Eiserman & Demidov smh
Yep, would've been a repeat of last year of excellent drafting.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Would’ve taken Stiga over quite a few guys that went ahead of him, but i’m probably rank him higher than most.

Gonna be interesting to see which Finn goes next, Kiviharju or Hemming. The way this draft is going, neither one is gonna be a 1st round pick tbh.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah cause draft position always dictates the outcome. I'd have taken Benson top 5 last year. He dropped. Those teams look dumb, already.

Yep, would've been a repeat of last year of excellent drafting.
Size still matters buddy. It always will! Benson is a heckuva player but he got bullied on the ice

Reactions: FrankGallagher

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Steal of the draft coming up right here.

LET'S GO FLAMES!!!

spfan

May 4, 2009
Size still matters buddy. It always will! Benson is a heckuva player but he got bullied on the ice
Marchessault was the MVP of the playoffs just a year ago. 5'9" winger.

You can take the Tyler Myers and Zadorov's. I'll take the Makar's and Hughes.

And considering you're speaking about Coyotes draft history. By far their best pick was a small player. Cooley.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Marchessault was the MVP of the playoffs just a year ago. 5'9" winger.

You can take the Tyler Myers and Zadorov's. I'll take the Makar's and Hughes.

And considering you're speaking about Coyotes draft history. By far their best pick was a small player. Cooley.
I'll take Victor Hedman in his prime over makar and hughes anyday.

You're talking about outliers here now...

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Why even have a clock.

Clearly it means jack all.
On track for a 4 hour draft
For an almost 4 hour draft, it felt like it went by pretty quick for me. Don't even feel tired watching up to now. Meanwhile watching the NBA draft I fell asleep in the middle and missed my team picking in the 1st round.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

spfan

May 4, 2009
I'll take Victor Hedman in his prime over makar and hughes anyday.

You're talking about outliers here now...
Makar will go down as having a better career than Hedman. and sure a huge d-man that has skill and skating is good. But you gotta have skill to be that valuable. Someone like Silayev doesn't have the skill. He's going to be a Zadorov, which is fine, but he's far from Hedman. Buium won't be Makar, but he's going to be a lot closer to that.

Even just looking at all time. Orr, Lidstrom, Niedermayer. Skill and smarts. Not physical specimens.

Also you say Buium fell. Both SIlayev and Dickinson both fell too, who have size.

I don't think teams are congratulating florida bc it literally was only 4 days ago, not 2 weeks ago like how normal drafts are lol.
They had it on DVR, they don't know who won yet. They'll get to it when they have time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad