GDT: 2024 NHL first round. 7PM EST / 4PM PST

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
They drafted 3 d-men in 2021. And Quality>quantity. Simashev is good, but not great. Soderstrom doesn't seem like he's gonna work out. Lamoureux is not high upside. And just their picks in general, Geekie was picked too high. Hayton was a huge reach and was clearly not worth it. Cooley, Guenther are great. Iginla is a good value pick. But otherwise, I don't like their drafting.
Bill armstrong and staff started drafting in 2021. In 2021 they took Guenther, Moser, Doan, Lilleberg who all played in the NHL this year.

Have you watched Simashev play?
Geekie is projecting well. Hayton / Soderstrom were drafted by Chayka.

Lamoureux is the only real question mark right now.

Reactions: kickback256

spfan

May 4, 2009
Bill armstrong and staff started drafting in 2021. In 2021 they took Guenther, Moser, Doan, Lilleberg who all played in the NHL this year.

Geekie is projecting well. Hayton was drafted by Chayka.
Well I was speaking to their draft history in the last while.

Geekie is not the greatest pick. He's fine, but meh...

Buium, Dickinson. These types are star d-man.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I watched St Andrew's games from 2015 to 2019 almost religiously. I don't think I've ever been more impressed by a hockey program. The league was impressive too. I'm going to be following Letourneau's career closely guaranteed.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Well I was speaking to their draft history in the last while.

Geekie is not the greatest pick. He's fine, but meh...

Buium, Dickinson. These types are star d-man.
Overall yes, but I am judging them based on the new staff from 2021 and on. Bium is tiny. He has work to do in the D-zone before he becomes an NHL regular.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I guess Greentree’s skating is seen as a huge red flag, even more ”proof” of teams prefering safer picks in this draft imho
The pick makes sense, then. Robitaille wasn't a great skater, Toffoli wasn't and even Byfield had an odd skating style. It seems to be something that LA thinks isn't a huge liability and can be improved.

Feb 5, 2016
Still available:

Igor Chernyshov
Teddy Stiga
Emil Hemming
Cole Hutson
Aron Kiviharju
Maxim Masse
Charlie Elick
Matvei Shuravin
Eric Emery
Nikita Artamonov
Leo Sahlin Wallenius
Matvei Gridin
Henry Mews
Dominik Badinka
Andrew Basha
Samuel O’Reilly
Ryder Ritchie
Alfons Freij

spfan

May 4, 2009
Overall yes, but I am judging them based on the new staff from 2021 and on. Bium is tiny. He has work to do in the D-zone before he becomes an NHL regular.
Tiny lol. You don't have to be 6'4"
Simashev will not be better than Buium. I supposed you'd only have taken Silayev lol.
Makar, Hughes, Fox show the trend the NHL is going. And heck Buium is taller than them.

Reactions: Morrison

spfan

May 4, 2009
Vanacker is okay, Levshunov is good, but not #2 good. Chicago had way better potential for a draft. Last year they killed it. Not just the obvious Bedard. Moore was a huge steal.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The pick makes sense, then, since LA isn't too worried about skating issues. Robitaille wasn't a great skater and it didn't hold him back, Toffoli wasn't and it improved enough to make him a good player and even Byfield had an odd skating style. It seems to be something that LA thinks that they can improve.
When the ice is really bad, skating doesn't even matter.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Tiny lol. You don't have to be 6'4"
Simashev will not be better than Buium. I supposed you'd only have taken Silayev lol.
Makar, Hughes, Fox show the trend the NHL is going. And heck Buium is taller than them.
Bium played on a stacked team, so his numbers are inflated. There is a reason he fell in this draft. He is not Adam Fox level...Every cup winner in past 10 years has a team full of Big D-men. I will say he is not that small though, he isn't quinn hughes size I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad