GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do the Avs trade #24 or Make a selection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
#38 - G Ilya Nabokov
#76 - F William Zellers
#121 - F Jake Fisher
#132 - G Louka Cloutier
#137 - G Ivan Yunin

So, from what I’ve read… a 21 year old goalie, two forwards who both lack speed/skill, and then two more crapshoot goalies.

What a draft for us so far.
This is the Avalanche way. I imagine scouts pounding the table every year screaming "this is the year it works we swear!"

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
#38 - G Ilya Nabokov
#76 - F William Zellers
#121 - F Jake Fisher
#132 - G Louka Cloutier
#137 - G Ivan Yunin

So, from what I’ve read… a 21 year old goalie, two forwards who both lack speed/skill, and then two more crapshoot goalies.

Nabokov is legit the only one to remotely get excited about, and even then you're getting excited about a potential 2/3 G

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Honestly im ok with the goalie picks. Its supposed to be a bad draft year. No skater we pick round 3 or later is gonna be good. Goalies are a crapshoot but load up and hope one hits

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
#38 - G Ilya Nabokov
#76 - F William Zellers
#121 - F Jake Fisher
#132 - G Louka Cloutier
#137 - G Ivan Yunin

That's if you decide to look at it this way, yes. Or you could figure that we got the KHL playoff MVP + ROTY with some real NHL potential in the shorter term, two more chances at adding a player at a position of weakness in the system, and two players who can take their time in some good college programs. And personally I don't think Zellers lacks skill at his draft position.

But it's easier to look at it negatively of course.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
That's if you decide to look at it this way, yes. Or you could figure that we got the KHL playoff MVP + ROTY with some real NHL potential in the shorter term, two more chances at adding a player at a position of weakness in the system, and two players who can take their time in some good college programs. And personally I don't think Zellers lacks skill at his draft position.

Well, you know this board's reactions are usually either hot bukkake or ice bucket challenge.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

It’s even easier to just go by our drafting track record and reputation as one of, if not THE, worst drafting teams in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad