GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I still don't get how a 3rd line, sometimes 2nd line center didn't play a single playoff game.
Because Vegas had Eichel, Hertl, Karlsson, and Nick Roy. Roy and Karlsson would both be second line centers on a bunch of teams. Cotter was 23/24 with a hundred NHL games. Take some deep breaths.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Fitz atleast made nexr years draft not a bad one. 3 2nd round picks isn't bad if we wind up giving up our 1st Round pick to Calgary next year.

I'm still in a bit of shock at all the players we have shipped out recently. Players we honestly should of kept on too longer. Monday hopefully we sign good players and don't wind up with anchor contracts that we will regret.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
They drafted another overager with bleh stats

They didnt draft Krutov.

They didnt.

They had only one good tradidtion and they didnt draft MHL talent in the end.

After first round... what a absolutely awful draft.

Fitz drafts have been incredibly mediocre. I'm worried when we start drafting in the late 1st round, but let's get there first I suppose....

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
i can live with melosvky. obviously, in comparison to some other options, he wasnt my choice, but a double overage whos a safe, smart, all situations deployment is fine. really good international showing this year, too. and wow a center lol

tom got cute (cough size focused) at the end here, there were some better swings to take with our later picks. i imagine @StevenToddIves, @Guadana, and i will do a big review at some point once we can finalize some opinions on the players. boy am i looking forward to watching max graham tape...

that said, im on board with the first four picks we made. yes, i wish went for more centers, too, i cant stress that enough, and in our big draft review im sure the concept of organizational strategy at the draft table will be heavily critiqued

but, in terms of value, all of silayev, yegorov, pikkarainen, and traff were good to great picks where we got them. silayev pick speaks for itself. yegorov is one of the better goalie prospects in the class (and as good as weve gotten coming out of the draft since tom joined the team). pikkarainen is a great project pick with plenty of desirable attributes. traff is an easily projectable high compete forechecker which we have been clamoring to add

generally speaking, it feels like this regime typically flubs the middle rounds but ends really strongly. this year, though, feels a bit more like 2020 where we have some strong picks at the top (talking mercer/muk.... lol), solid middle of the draft targets, and some headscratchers at the end

ill be back later tonight or tomorrow to drop profiles on all the picks. lots of moves today and i understand some frustrations associated with them, but the first couple picks we made today were very good, and we added a number of future assets along the way

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
i can live with melosvky. obviously, in comparison to some other options, he wasnt my choice, but a double overage whos a safe, smart, all situations deployment is fine. really good international showing this year, too. and wow a center lol

tom got cute (cough size focused) at the end here, there were some better swings to take with our later picks. i imagine @StevenToddIves, @Guadana, and i will do a big review at some point once we can finalize some opinions on the players. boy am i looking forward to watching max graham tape...

that said, im on board with the first four picks we made. yes, i wish went for more centers, too, i cant stress that enough, and in our big draft review im sure the concept of organizational strategy at the draft table will be heavily critiqued

but, in terms of value, all of silayev, yegorov, pikkarainen, and traff were good to great picks where we got them. silayev pick speaks for itself. yegorov is one of the better goalie prospects in the class (and as good as weve gotten coming out of the draft since tom joined the team). pikkarainen is a great project pick with plenty of desirable attributes. traff is an easily projectable high compete forechecker which we have been clamoring to add

generally speaking, it feels like this regime typically flubs the middle rounds but ends really strongly. this year, though, feels a bit more like 2020 where we have some strong picks at the top (talking mercer/muk.... lol), solid middle of the draft targets, and some headscratchers at the end

ill be back later tonight or tomorrow to drop profiles on all the picks. lots of moves today and i understand some frustrations associated with them, but the first couple picks we made today were very good, and we added a number of future assets along the way

Again, I hate our approach to value under Fitz.

Maybe Yegorov is the guy and we had to use a 2nd on a goalie.

But this draft had a gaggle of intriguing goalies with size who were going to be available throughout.

We could have gotten another impact skater with the 2nd and taken a goalie in the 3rd.

If we got amazing value picks later, I would feel better, but alas, we did not.

But I like Traff and Melovsky.

Graham though, f***ing hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad