GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Jesus this season really broke Fitz's brain re: size and goaltending
i don’t think it’s just that, i think it’s Fitz recognizing that the Devils have very little use for core players. His entire goal is finding role players who’ll fill out the fringes of the roster with some grit but have enough skill to not be completely useless.

Fitz has been targeting these types of players for a few years now. That’s why we have a system full of Bardakovs and Salminens and Shlaines and Hausers. All these guys are 6’2” or more and known for being more skilled (but not much more!) than a typical grinder

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
One is going to BU two years from now and the other is in Europe correct?

We won't see the BU kid for at least 3 years probably 4.
Did you read what I said? It has nothing to do with the 2 players we just drafted.

If we took not a single goalie today, we would have to many in the minors for them all to play.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
The 3 Jakes in net.

1719686054448.png

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Holtz has allegedly been shopped around so Fitz probably has a lot on info on his value around the league. It's a disappointing end for him, but if Cotter can be a good 4th liner it makes us a better team in the short term at least.

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I still don't get how a 3rd line, sometimes 2nd line center didn't play a single playoff game.

And why not a 2nd - Schmid has playoff experience, NHL experience. Holtz was #7 overall and 28 points in 6 mins/game. They had a second. Cotter+2nd wouldn't be so bad. Then we'd have four and we can work on getting all 32 picks in the 2nd round next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad