GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
We arent signing someone about to fall off a cliff. Your worry about age makes no sense.

The next 3-4 years its a non factor
It is not a non factor. It is entirely possible he could fall off a cliff pretty quick here. Marino could too or not bounce back but the guy who’s 3 years older and entering his 30s is more likely to fall off quickly.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
"Holtz was actually part of a Devils offer to San Jose for Meier at the Deadline a couple years back, and the Sharks passed on him for Shakir Mukhamadullin. ...His availability at the Draft makes you wonder what else New Jersey will get up to in free agency."

I always said that. And minority of hf posters believed.

So I was right. Again. If you don't praise yourself, no one will.
Where is this quote from?

(And, dude, I said too. It was obvious.)

Reactions: Guadana

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
It is not a non factor. It is entirely possible he could fall off a cliff pretty quick here. Marino could too or not bounce back but the guy who’s 3 years older and entering his 30s is more likely to fall off quickly.

Look at Florida's defence. Not exactly spring chickens over there....

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Then why bother dealing another first for Markstrom? Might as well have saved the pick and gone on the cheap with goalie for one more year. There is zero chance they deal two straight firsts for a goalie, none.

i'm assuming this is about askarov kid? i wouldn't be upset if they dealt another first+ for him he should slot in after allen leaves this summer coming up and then take over the job when markstrom is out in two years. it fits the timeline perfectly. if the kid is that good and they think so too then it would be stupid to let the previous trade of a first stop them from adding to an insanely hard position to fill

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I think age should definitely be a consideration when talking comparable players but there's a chance the front office doesn't consider the gap between Marino and Pesce to be comparable. You might be talking about them viewing Pesce as more of a 2/3 and Marino as a 4/5. Who knows?

Like, am I signing a 34 year old Stamkos to a 5 year deal over a 27 year old Roslovic? 100%.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Then why bother dealing another first for Markstrom? Might as well have saved the pick and gone on the cheap with goalie for one more year. There is zero chance they deal two straight firsts for a goalie, none.
because Fitz knew he needed a goalie, maybe didn't know the imminent availability of Askarov, and even after the Markstrom addition Askarov fits the timeline really well. Markstrom 55-27 split this year, 41-41 split next year, Askarov gets the keys 2026.

They'd have to do something with Jake Allen but who cares, it's f***in Jake Allen lol.

Reactions: Billdo

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
The original point was simply that the age difference is not a nonfactor. It should absolutely be a consideration

What’s your point man?
That we are signing a better defender? Our team will be better as a result? On top of all this we will get some assets for Marino.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Askarov in play for a top 5 pick. Ain't that grand.

give them holtz and 10. stick the kid in the minors until next year and he sits behind markstrom for a full year then takes over. none of the teams in the top 5 are going to give up their pick for a goalie when they are pretty meh right now imo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
give them holtz and 10. stick the kid in the minors until next year and he sits behind markstrom for a full year then takes over. none of the teams in the top 5 are going to give up their pick for a goalie when they are pretty meh right now imo
I don't think Nashville needs to trade Askarov yet. They will bluff and posture most likely unless their obviously ridiculous demand doesn't get met. Realistically what team in the top five even cares about a goalie prospect right now? Just silly by Trotz. I'm curious if Askarov has some sort of out to terminate his ELC and return to the KHL if Nashville won't trade him? That would likely change everything.

Reactions: Guadana and Oneiro

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Trotz hasn't executed a major trade yet, unless you think McDonagh counts. He got nice value for Granlund, in line value for Trenin. There's been a lot of talk about what they want, but there's no reason to expect follow through.

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad