GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Im still confused about the Pesce Marino swap for us

Pesce would be the best defender we have, yes; but hes older, will cost more, and was recently injured

Got to imagine its a fair deal... but then why wouldnt Carolina sign him or he wouldnt test free agency?

Im wondering if this also means we have a specific asset in mind for Marino's trade return - only way this makes sense to me outside of making moves just to shake things up

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Prepared for a nightmare day
1719600488038.png

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

Pesce would be the best defender we have, yes; but hes older, will cost more, and was recently injured

Got to imagine its a fair deal... but then why wouldnt Carolina sign him or he wouldnt test free agency?

Im wondering if this also means we have a specific asset in mind for Marino's trade return - only way this makes sense to me outside of making moves just to shake things up

Only thing I can come up with is they want more of a Defensive Defensemen to attached to Luke. Feeling that from a puck moving stand point with Luke Simon Dougie and Casey in the future they need stronger defensive guys in the other spots.

They feel that Pesce is a stronger defender the Marino. That's my best guess.

Youngish RHD with term will be attractive to teams.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t know about at least 3 years away. If it’s the right pick it’s very unlikely to be 3 years or longer.
Here's a list for the top consensus forwards, in my estimation:

Ready now: Celebrini
Maybe One Year Away: Demidov, Helenius, Nygard, Chernyshov
Maybe Two Years Away: Catton, Lindstrom, Beaudoin
Probably Three Years Away or More: Iginla, Sennecke, Hage, Eiserman

I'd love to get alternate takes on this from @Guadana and @evnted

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
They probably do, like it was with Hamilton

Would seem New Jersey is actually a destination now
Different times, that’s when they had the free agent interview period which is now gone and Carolina gave him permission to seek different teams for free agency

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

I’m wondering with how early and confidently it came out if Pesce was the one that really wanted to come here. Maybe/hopefully he really wanted to come here to live in the area, be close to family, liked where the teams at. If that was communicated to the devils and they agreed to a deal that’s good for the devils than you’re bringing a reasonably priced UFA in and trading the guy he’s replacing for assets or help elsewhere it kind of makes sense.

If it was Fitz pushing for him and he’s paying around the projections I’ll be a bit disappointed.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

I don’t see Iginla being that far away.

But like every sport tampering is prevalent
But it happens behind the scenes. Carolina must have given permission for it to be getting reported like this

megajake

Aug 24, 2009

You upgrade on defense and you gain free assets. How are you confused?

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

I would give 2-3 years to Chernyshov. And what kind of "ready" we are talking about?

Reactions: StevenToddIves

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Prepared for a nightmare day

Nico, Mercer and the Hughes brothers might have been the only picks where they took the same guy I wanted. So I usually end up being disappointed with the picks. Sometimes it still works out, like with Nemec or even Mukhamadullin who was a big part of bringing Timo here.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I m scary for every twitter post.

Im afraid i will see "huuuuuweeee we traded 10OA pick for complimentary winger without any defensive abilities but he can score 20 goooooooals!!!! Proven talent, win right now!!!!" post.

because 10OA + Holtz + Casey for Brady or some other really deserving talent is less realistic twitter post I can have from this universe.

Reactions: HBK27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad