GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M.

Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

Let's Go Hyper Kid Playing Jumping GIF | GIFDB.com

Big day coming up! 10th Overall! Always fun to have a thread dedicated to live discussions during the draft, so here we go!

WE FIND OUT TONIGHT (and tomorrow)!

For info on prospects and more, here's the informational
2024 NHL Draft Thread.

Nico-hischier GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY - thezibrablog.com

Jack Hughes GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
Luke Hughes Selected by New Jersey with Fourth Pick I DRAFT | New Jersey  Devils

Devils select Simon Nemec with 2nd pick in NHL Draft 2022 - nj.com

Here are our picks so far:

Round #
Pick(s) #
From/Sent
10th Overall
:devils
X​
Traded for F Timo Meier (SJ)
75th Overall
91st Overall
:jets
Acquired for F Tyler Toffoli
X​
Traded for F Curtis Lazar (VAN)
139th Overall
153rd Overall
:sharks :avs
Acquired in the F Timo Meier Trade
171st Overall
X​

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M.

Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

Let's Go Hyper Kid Playing Jumping GIF | GIFDB.com's Go Hyper Kid Playing Jumping GIF | GIFDB.com

Big day coming up! 10th Overall! Always fun to have a thread dedicated to live discussions during the draft, so here we go!

WE FIND OUT TONIGHT (and tomorrow)!

For info on prospects and more, here's the informational
2024 NHL Draft Thread.

Nico-hischier GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY - thezibrablog.com

Jack Hughes GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
Luke Hughes Selected by New Jersey with Fourth Pick I DRAFT | New Jersey  Devils

Devils select Simon Nemec with 2nd pick in NHL Draft 2022 - nj.com

Here are our picks so far:

Round #
Pick(s) #
From/Sent
10th Overall
X​
75th Overall
91st Overall
:jets
Acquired for F Tyler Toffoli
X​
Traded for F Curtis Lazar (VAN)
139th Overall
153rd Overall
:sharks :avs
Acquired in the F Timo Meier Trade
171st Overall
X​
Cooked!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Great
Lindstrom, Nygard, Buium

Very good
Chernyshov, Solberg, Dickinson, Helenius

Good
Catton, Hage, Silayev

Okay
Iginla Sennecke

Not okay
Yakemchuk, Parekh, Eiserman

I feel like I've seen a lot of mocks having us take Sennecke. I'm unsure how to feel on it, because he feels like a late riser who is somewhat of a reach. Do you agree?

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
I feel like I've seen a lot of mocks having us take Sennecke. I'm unsure how to feel on it, because he feels like a late riser who is somewhat of a reach. Do you agree?
This isn't answer to your question, but Pronman had Berkly Catton at 10 in his latest mock draft. Sennecke was going at 7 to the Senators.

"10. New Jersey Devils: Berkly Catton, C, Spokane (WHL)

New Jersey and Buffalo would be in a similar situation with Catton. He’s the best player available on talent likely at this pick, but they both have a lot of small forwards. Catton is a tier ahead of guys like Iginla or Konsta Helenius, so I think you bite the bullet on him and figure it out later because he’s the best asset."

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This isn't answer to your question, but Pronman had Berkly Catton at 10 in his latest mock draft. Sennecke was going at 7 to the Senators.

New Jersey and Buffalo would be in a similar situation with Catton. He’s the best player available on talent likely at this pick, but they both have a lot of small forwards. Catton is a tier ahead of guys like Iginla or Konsta Helenius, so I think you bite the bullet on him and figure it out later because he’s the best asset."

I like this thought process. You can't teach talent, and you always take BPA regardless of position. But I cannot see Fitz not drafting for need. He's going to take a physical grinder over a small, skilled forward.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

Damn he has Demidov dropping all the way to 9. If that happens I'd hope the Devils and Seattle could swap picks since he has Seattle taking Yakemchuk at #8

Reactions: Guadana

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY

Round 1 (No. 10): C Berkly Catton, Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
Round 3 (No. 75): LD Elliott Groenewold, Quinnipiac (NCAA)
Round 3 (No. 91): LW Kristian Epperson, USNTDP
Round 5 (No. 139): RW Brodie Ziemer, University of Minnesota (NCAA)
Round 5 (No. 153): C/LW Jack Berglund, Färjestad BK J18 (J18-Nationell)
Round 6 (No. 171): Daniel Nieminen, Pelicans (Liiga)

Ryan's mock draft

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I will not be happy. But I can live with it. He isn't my top priority at all.

I think parts of his game are overrated. He isn't very smart player if you compare him with other players on the draft. He is shifty with the puck, but often he is holding the puck a lot, he has some kind of tunnel vision where he has one player to play with him and doesn't see other players in the situation. Still very good with the puck. His skating isn't great. Its okay but I don't see big potential for development of his skating.
I think he has big offensive potential. Especially as complimentary offensive player.
But I see Necas/Zacha type of player with less skating ability, without good positional vision to play two way center role. Even if he will pop out like Thompson did, you can see weak elements in Thompsons game. You can see why he is so productive but his team can't make a huge step. He needs specific surroundings. Even when Skinner scored and produced, they were still not play off team.

I think Jack and Nico are very talented. And they have talents around them. They were historically great when played with right players even when this players were not producing stars.
And I think Nygard, Helenius and Chernyshov are having both - offensive talent and two way vision, they are great 200 foot forwards. In the same time with high ceiling as offensive forwards too. Chernyshov is as great as puckhandler as Sennecke - its just fact. His stckhandling worked against KHLers, not only against kids, and he has more speed and skating ability to use it. Helenius is just smarter - he thinks the game three dtep forward, in every situation, not only with the puck on his stick. Nygard is way better faster skater, way better defensive forward, and his skating ability helps him to create and find space for scoring chances, where he us using great shot.
They are better prospects. They didn't play with Ritchie who was one if the best forwards in the league. They proved their skilled on the harder levels against harder competition.

So for me its not a question. I don't care about writers ratings, its not a first time when I'm not agree with them, because I trust my vision, I don't have bias against nationality that is so obvious today for some people. I like Russian, Norwegian and American player who was born in Israel. And I have Silayev outside top 10, when he is top 10 player on the most of the lists.

So I just hope Devils see players in the same way as I. They did with some players, they didn't with others. Will see what kind of preferences they have on this draft.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Dickinson’s my preference. Seems most likely to deliver major positive value for a three year ELC + 4 RFA years starting very very soon.

Otherwise I vote for anyone that can credibly play C in the NHL within 3 years, most likely Helenius.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad