GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Yes yes
You and others make it sound SOOOOOO easy and simple lmao

Trade guhle! Trade Hutson! Trade xhekaj!
Trade mailloux!
1st round picks for each! No! Star forward for each! NO! THE WORLDDD

I'll take Demidov thanks.

Yeah me too, but I will also take Dach and Suzuki. Because that's called being a professional and utilizing all of the tools at your disposal and not just 1.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Johnny Gaudreau? Mr hockey
That was 2011. If it happens once every 10 years i'd rather take my chances on a guy with physicality and or aggressiveness. Those guys cost always too much to acquire via the UFA market you have to develop them internally.

Josh Anderson did only 12 goals and 22 points in the WHL the year he was drafted (5th round pick). The cost to acquire him was a former 3rd overall pick and the cost to sign him was a terrible 8 years contract, You got to draft guys like that in the later rounds and develop them.

Shaw did only 22 goals and 54 points in the OHL the year he was drafted. The cost to acquire him was two top 45 picks and the cost to sign him i'd rather not talk about.

Now i don't know this Protz guy. But if he's anything like prime Emelin or prime Shaw then it's a good pick. I'll give him the chance to prove me what he can do before calling it a bad pick.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Still on my top 100 list:
Zetterberg
Romani
Kiviharju
Rautiainen
Humphreys
Caswell
Roberts
Green
Avramov
Fibigr
Morello
Poirier
Walton
Misa
Mistelbacher
Curran
Boilard
Leenders
Patterson
Mrsic
Hynninen

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Good 1st round but the rest has been pretty bad so far
With all due respect to the rest
We don't really care about the rest right now
Not after a 1st round like THAT
That, was an all timer.

But everything else is just formality picks right now
Management's rebuild plan most likely is not depending on year 3 of the rebuilds 3rd and 4th round draft picks, you know what I mean?

This was always gonna be about the 1st round for this year and now whatever trades/signings may or may not occur (that's more for next summer really)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
That was 2011. If it happens once every 10 years i'd rather take my chances on a guy with physicality and or aggressiveness. Those guys cost always too much to acquire via the UFA market you have to develop them internally.

Josh Anderson did only 12 goals and 22 points in the WHL the year he was drafted (5th round pick). The cost to acquire him was a former 3rd overall pick and the cost to sign him was a terrible 8 years contract, You got to draft guys like that in the later rounds and develop them.

Shaw did only 22 goals and 54 points in the OHL the year he was drafted. The cost to acquire him was two top 45 picks and the cost to sign him i'd rather not talk about.

Now i don't know this Protz guy. But if he's anything like prime Emelin or prime Shaw then it's a good pick. I'll give him the chance to prove me what he can do before calling it a bad pick.
Anderson was a 4th round pick that played in the OHL my guy.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Next puck, if he's still there.

Draft Kiviharju.

Yeah he's small, but there's a reason he was rated highly. Got hurt and you are more likely to strike gold with him than likely anyone else at this point.

Reactions: HomaridII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad