GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Jan GolicicDSVN6′6″188

I have been joking about the size thing but honestly a LOT of big bodies being drafted today, in 2024 6 foot is the new 5'8

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Seems to be that the develoment camp will be filled with invitations since not a lot of this year's guys should be present...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just got in to check on the Habs picks today and just saw that Sergachev trade to Utah. Certainly didn't expect to see that today. Also another great pick up for them in Marino as well. Utah getting things done today.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Next puck, if he's still there.

Draft Kiviharju.

Yeah he's small, but there's a reason he was rated highly. Got hurt and you are more likely to strike gold with him than likely anyone else at this point.
Yeah I don’t really get taking someone at this spot you project to be an AHL roster player or depth player. Those guys are literally free constantly. Why not shoot for someone who has at least shown a sign of high level value at some point, even if it’s unlikely they become something?

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
All lot of talented small players still available.

I understand the restraint, you can’t win with too many small players in key roles.

And most of them would require key roles to have an impact if they progress well.

I do like Poirier and Zetterberg, but will they really make it in the end. Could still be good picks over time to help in AHL and who knows where it can lead.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Just got in to check on the Habs picks today and just saw that Sergachev trade to Utah. Certainly didn't expect to see that today. Also another great pick up for them in Marino as well. Utah getting things done today.
They have an owner committed to building a winner. Watch out for this team, they have alot of good pieces in place.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
With all due respect to the rest
We don't really care about the rest right now
Not after a 1st round like THAT
That, was an all timer.

But everything else is just formality picks right now
Management's rebuild plan most likely is not depending on year 3 of the rebuilds 3rd and 4th round draft picks, you know what I mean?

This was always gonna be about the 1st round for this year and now whatever trades/signings may or may not occur (that's more for next summer really)
I don't agree. Mind you....the 1st round will still be the first one. A dream. Insane 1st round.

but if the rest of the picks don't matter....trade them all for better picks next year. If not...you still have to do the job. Not saying they didn't...we don't know that. But the LOOK of it this year, it's underwhelming. Obviously, not having a 2nd rounder makes it so too. But at least...we have Dvorak....

Finally Boilard gone. Ahead of Poirier.

newdimension

May 18, 2013
Because you know so much about him right.....
Yes? He'd have been a fine pickup in the 6th, if he were still available, as a potential bottom-pairing guy. They essentially left players with more upside on the board, when they could have taken a similar type of player later.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
They have an owner committed to building a winner. Watch out for this team, they have alot of good pieces in place.
I saw him for the first time last night when UTAH made their first pick and he kinda reminded me of Bobby Axelrod from the TV show Billions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad