GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Is anyone else really bummed out that they’re decentralizing the draft starting with 2025? I’ve been watching this current draft format for 25 years and counting..I really started watching the draft and being a hardcore draft junkie in 2000.

It’ll look more like the NFL and NBA drafts moving forward. No more teams in attendance. They’ll have “war rooms” and Gary Bettman will announce each selection.

I hate it.
That set the NHL apart. That Bettman and another of his signature bonehead moves.

Reactions: bonneaug

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Is anyone else really bummed out that they’re decentralizing the draft starting with 2025? I’ve been watching this current draft format for 25 years and counting..I really started watching the draft and being a hardcore draft junkie in 2000.

It’ll look more like the NFL and NBA drafts moving forward. No more teams in attendance. They’ll have “war rooms” and Gary Bettman will announce each selection.

I hate it.

That’s ridiculous.

They should do it at the sphere every year exactly like last night.

It was amazing

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Hab brass want culture, culture fit.

Hage vs Eiserman…?

Hage all day.

Dude Hage is 6’1 and 190 already.. he could potentially top out at 6’2 and 210lbs.

That’s a big center.
I still do not get the excitement for Hage!! He was in my top 10 and he is not far off Sennecke in term or ability and Sennecke was drafted 3rd overall up there with Catton (who I love) in term of ability to rush with the puck and offensive abilities.

It is so hard to get legit top 6 forward prospect and we got two top players yesterday! Get excited people!

People forget the prospects are 18 years old not fully grown yet. Hage will be a handful to play against in a few years, his reach, his size, his hands, his shot and even his skating. He has it all! He will get stronger in the NCAA and He is way way more complete than Eiserman. Other than pre draft hype I do not understand how Habs fans are not MORE excited about him. I think he is exactly the type of player that you can look 5 or 6 years from now and cannot understand why he was not drafted higher, not unlike Wyatt Johnston who was a steal by Dallas.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wonder what happens with Harris. Guy finished off the season well, but I still doubt we are the team that will give him his next contract. Trading him for a 2nd rounder here makes more sense to me than being an add-on to another trade until next year. The defense will still be crowded so not sure if he'll have the chance to build even more value.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wonder what happens with Harris. Guy finished off the season well, but I still doubt we are the team that will give him his next contract. Trading him for a 2nd rounder here makes more sense to me than being an add-on to another trade until next year. The defense will still be crowded so not sure if he'll have the chance to build even more value.
Harris, Stuble and Barron all seem like they could be at some point, odd man out....

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If no movements : draft Koivu. Would be fun.

Hoping that Hughes puts together a trade for McGroarty today or finds a way to move into the early 2nd round and grab a guy like Basha.

Reactions: Habsfan18

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think Struble has a greater chance of staying solely because of his physicality. Barron doesn't have any value in my opinion which leaves Harris.
I do still think Barron has value, guess only time will tell.
Agree Struble has some sandpaper to his game.
Harris is also a good dman, but we have too many guys, so.....................

Yo, where the hoes trades at ?
It's only 8am out there in Vegas.........we will have some action soon.

Reactions: The Great Weal

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'd love if we could interest a team in Kidney, Harris, Farrell, Trudeau and/or Norlinder to get back in the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama