GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I can’t believe we got Demidov and Hage. I haven’t been this excited for a Habs draft in ages.

Hughes was my choice for GM when the search was ongoing and although I haven’t agreed with some decisions he has made, what a difference between him and MB. So glad he’s ours.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
They could trade all of their remaining picks for a used toothpick, the draft would still be a win.

Sure, but there is a very real possibility we could get a 2007 level (or over) quality draft if we can get in the 2nd.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
But people on these boards think that they are floppy seconds.....
Most of them are, but then again, I think we all have a list of prospects we thought would be bound for the first round and slipped. I have:
- Freij
- Chernyshov
- Kiviharju
- Elick
- Miettinen
- Basha
- Ritchie
- Hutson

A big lot because the falloff was early in the draft, which meant big margins of errors on every team's listings.

Reactions: Sagikev

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I have a good friend who is a die hard Flyers fan and he's absolutely livid at Briere today. :laugh:

He can't believe they passed up a chance to draft Buium at #12.
Yeah it doesn’t look good today. But you never know. Teams do crazy things when they reach for a specific position. Even then, Helenius was available if you wanted a centre.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Most of them are, but then again, I think we all have a list of prospects we thought would be bound for the first round and slipped. I have:
- Freij
- Chernyshov
- Kiviharju
- Elick
- Miettinen
- Basha
- Ritchie
- Hutson

A big lot because the falloff was early in the draft, which meant big margins of errors on every team's listings.

Freij, Kivi, Elick, Miettinen, Ritchie were not in the first on most list.

Basha, Hutson, Chernyshov yes.

Wallenius was also often ranked in the 1st.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
People talk about 26 and 57....f*** that. Think of Christian Dvorak and 37.....way more infuriating...

Do something Kent..2nd round next year for 2nd round this year.
I'd rather they thin the amount of draft picks this year, to shore up the next one. We have 8 picks to do from 3 to 7. They're just going to be gambles and picks they don't really care about. A waste.

Better: Find a team with almost no picks, Vegas, make them a small pile, get some return from them somehow.

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

newdimension

May 18, 2013
Still plenty of good talent on the board. Hope they can get in there and find a 2nd rounder somehow, Would love a Basha or Stiga selection.

Reactions: Sagikev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad