GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Alright, round 2 doesn't start til 11:30 a.m. edt tomorrow. They're probably having a special breakfast for 1st rounders, etc.

SN1 & TVA Sports are televising it.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Habs contending lineup in a few years:

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufield - Dach - Roy
Newhook - Beck - Hage
Heineman/Tuch - Xhekaj - Kapanen

Hutson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Engstrom

Montembeault
Dobes/Primeau

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Mods stop slacking, where’s the 2025 NHL Draft thread?

I want to debate drafting for needs vs BPA for the 3rd year in a row.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Yeah, it was a seriously good show. Usually it's pretty boring. I liked ESPN's show much more than SN, too.

I would be OK with just holding it in Vegas at the Sphere. NHL awards show is there, too, so you can do both, and have a great week in Vegas.
I was skeptical at first when they choose the Sphere. I had no faith the NHL would make full use of the Sphere's technology. I was proven wrong. They did a stellar job, it looked great in videos and photos, I bet it was better in person. The trade alert graphic was really cool in particular.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Habs contending lineup in a few years:

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufield - Dach - Roy
Newhook - Beck - Hage
Heineman/Tuch - Xhekaj - Kapanen

Hutson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Engstrom

Montembeault
Dobes/Primeau

Next year we have 2 1st, 2 2nd, 3 3rd, and 2 4th. We'll probably finish around #10, the Florida first around #27.

Can probably package both our 1st to move into the top 7-8, and package all our 2nd and 3rd for one or two more first rounders.

Or stay at 10 ish, and we'll have no problems moving from the Florida first into the 12-15. Two picks in the teens.

And that's not even counting whatever we get at the deadline for Matheson/Savard/Armia/One of our goalies.

We're leaving next year with another 2 or 3 top tier prospects.

I don't want to sound too optimistic but if even half of those prospects pan outs, we're gonna be a problem in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinodebino

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Scott Wheeler:

I can’t think of a better outcome for the Habs. We know where their young group of defensemen is at. Now, they’ve added two of the best forwards in the draft, one of whom is an elite skill guy and one of whom is a center with length, skating (Hage is one of the best skaters in the draft), skill (he gets high grades in this class here, too) and a profile that I love.

I believe that Demidov is the second-best prospect in the draft and is a home run for the Habs. A true game-breaker is the one thing it felt like their core was missing — the kind of player who can challenge for 90 to 100 points if things break right. There’s no guarantee that he will become that, but I see that kind of upside and he feels like a 70-to-80-point player at his floor. I think he’s going to make magic happen in the NHL and thrill one of the most passionate fan bases in professional sports. It’ll be great for the league.

And Hage might be my favorite prospect in the draft. I think he’s got a legitimate path to a long career as a top-six player. I comped him to Jordan Kyrou and I think that’s within reach.

This is a big day in the Habs’ rebuild and they had the best Day 1 of the bunch. One to remember.
Need a wood button

• Haha
Reactions: HabbyGuy
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Lost in this for non French speakers and people that can’t watch on TVA - Anthony Martineau is really good at his job. Incredible ability to get great info from these kids, they all seem to open up to him.
That man is the definition of a cheerleader. He's in absolute awe with sparkling eyes when any prospect just act like a simple being by simply holding the elevator door for him, and then of course he's gonna rave about it on Twitter. Sorry but just not a fan, that man is there to make friend in the industry which is fair, but he's just not a good journalist.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
One of them has grown or the other has shrank since the Gold Star combine?
6b5e240d-7584-454e-a491-623f469d62a3_text.gif

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Damn, I'm not sure I would have passed on that. Columbus definitely has a lot of faith in Lindstrom, because next year has Hagen, Martone, McQueen etc. in top 5. They must think Chicago won't be a bottom 5 team next year.
Well the Central is not the most competitive division out there. With Bedard Korchinski taking a step forward, Levshunov in the lineup, Reichel Jones improving from a down season, a few free agent signing because they have a ton of cap space… you can t exclude the possibility that they would not be bottom 5…

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad