GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Could you imagine, 1-Celebrini, 2-Levshunov, 3-Buium and those A-holes in Carolina come at 4 with a trade to columbus and take Demidov in Montreal's face?… this is a WWE kind of story, real heel move
I think MTL fans would be ecstatic with Lindstrom.

But what if Demidov goes 2, Lindstrom goes 4, and Buium is gone at 3? What do the Habs do -- Sennecke, or another D man!?? The meltdown could be immense.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Yakemchuk is going to be a quite literally big boom is he booms, but man, he seems very risky. Relies on being way bigger than the kids he plays against and trying the 1-1 dekes vs NHLers probably won’t be anywhere near as successful.

It would be awesome to have a big D man who could be Burns-esque with some more grit in his game though.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Michkov signed that 3 year KHL deal and seemed meh on coming to NA so the not coming concerns were a bit more visible.
Demidov has been out and about excited to come to NA and pretty much neon flag he ill not be a KHL guy lol.
I also wonder if Michkov played up some of that to be mysterious and risky to get some say on who took him. Rumors were he only really wanted Philly from the 3-10 teams.

Yakemchuk is going to be a quite literally big boom is he booms, but man, he seems very risky. Relies on being way bigger than the kids he plays against and trying the 1-1 dekes vs NHLers probably won’t be anywhere near as successful.

It would be awesome to have a big D man who could be Burns-esque with some more grit in his game though.
He's Rasmus Ristolainen and not someone I'm overly excited about drafting (especially not trading up to draft). Here's to hoping Utah falls in love with size and RH shot.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm sure you've posted this previously but it's been lost in 1000 other posts. Of who you think could be available at #11 who are your top 2?

I will judge the pick based on your answer :)
I’d be happy with any of the guys I listed. I think the most likely to be available are Catton, Yakemchuk, Parekh, and Iginla. I’d probably rank them Parekh > Iginla > Yakemchuk > Catton for the Sharks’ needs but realistically they’re all the same tier of prospect for me.

Stupid ass Anaheim taking Buium, f*** that.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
Worth showing up a little early to the party at the tank? I’m having a little anxiety about going in the first place but I also wouldn’t want to miss anything.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I trust Pronmans final mock the most out of any out there and if it plays out with us getting Parekh that is amazing. However this draft definitely feels iffy and I think we are going to see surprises and trades this time with all the smoke around how unpredictable this class is etc. Jeff Marek with Friedman even says he’s heard Columbus is legit trying to trade the 4th OA and that the top 5 will go as follows Celebrini, Levshunov, Buium, Lindstrom, Demidov. Again I trust Pronmans final mock the most but this year feels different and I find it hard to believe Demidov slips all the way to 9 and Iginla goes 13 but we shall see!
I'm glad we moved up in the draft just so he'd stop putting the #7 defenseman as our pick every mock

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I mean, its possible I guess.

but the Ducks have that young forward group of Zegras, Carlsson, McTavish and just added Cutter Gauthier while losing a D in Drysdale.

They have been claiming Dmen on waivers and gudas and Fowler are both mid 30's.

With Zellweger and Mintyukov already good offensive D prospects/Already there, it seems like a match made in heaven that they would go for Silayev, who is more of a defensive Dman who can transition the puck well.
The rumor about the Ducks going after Buium is what really got things going in my head (combined with some of the stuff Pronman said about other teams in his final mock today). It's admittedly a little crazy to imagine Silayev dropping all the way to 11, but if his KHL concerns are more valid, and with other d-men around for teams like Utah and Seattle to grab instead......I mean, maybe it's not the craziest thought out there?

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Wondering if Grier goes Parekh or Yakemchuk if both is available. I’m way more into Parekh but Yakemchuk feels very Griersy (though he really likes good skaters and…)
Morehouse did talk up intelligence and hockey sense as something you can't teach, which would lean Parekh. But everything else I think leans Yak. Although I won't be surprised if they go Solberg. Still think it's possible.

• Wow

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Morehouse did talk up intelligence and hockey sense as something you can't teach, which would lean Parekh. But everything else I think leans Yak. Although I won't be surprised if they go Solberg. Still think it's possible.

My feeling is that they knew either Solberg or Eiserman would be there at 14 and they weren’t happy with that. I think they’re for sure targeting one of the top 6 D or a surprise faller like Iginla.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Also if MG and friends have looked at the players and have high confidence Solberg turns into a solid/high end 3-4 dman and have low confidence that one of the more boom bust dmen will develop to a 1-2 dman and they think it’s important to be at 11 to get him then that’s probably the right choice

Reactions: coooldude

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
I wonder if there's an outside chance that Silayev could fall. If the Ducks don't take him...and then Pronman says Calgary at 9 might be Russian-averse...and the Devils apparently want a forward.

I mean, there are still a number of possibilities in there for him, but if all it takes is for him to not go in the top 8 for him to get to 11, then that could be one wild scenario for us and it doesn't feel completely crazy to picture it.
Really only if Chicago picks Demidov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad