GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
My prediction, like the lottery, everything goes as it should. No surprises. No fallers, no risers in the top 10. The Sharks will have their choice of Yak or Eis. Jux will be ripping her hair out expecting it to be Eiserman but will jump out of her seat fist pumping when Yakemchuk 's name is read.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Well go to the Flyers section and suggest they draft yet another winger when they have no #1c and #1d prospects and tons of wingers and see how it works out lol
I don't really care about what their fans think because they're just fans. I will take what the talking heads discuss as far more credible than fans.

Like for us, if you look at our left wing depth (Eklund, Musty, Bystedt, Bordeleau, etc.) then another LW like Eiserman doesn't really seem to fill any sort of need. However, the scouts and national types think that's who we want even though we as fans think defense is a bigger need.

And to anyone thinking there is a real #1C or #1D at where Philly (or SJ) is going to be selecting, they're wrong. What the consensus on Philly out there is relates to needing more skill in their lineup in addition to just Michkov.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I don't really care about what their fans think because they're just fans. I will take what the talking heads discuss as far more credible than fans.

Like for us, if you look at our left wing depth (Eklund, Musty, Bystedt, Bordeleau, etc.) then another LW like Eiserman doesn't really seem to fill any sort of need. However, the scouts and national types think that's who we want even though we as fans think defense is a bigger need.

And to anyone thinking there is a real #1C or #1D at where Philly (or SJ) is going to be selecting, they're wrong. What the consensus on Philly out there is relates to needing more skill in their lineup in addition to just Michkov.
They’re all saying Eiserman because he and Macklin are best friends. That’s my take.

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
Here's my personal top 50. It's based valuing the public reports with proven success (e.g. Chris Peters - see analysis here ) higher than the "big" public lists.
Lower on: Sennecke, Eisermann, Connelly, Sahlin-Wallenius
Higher on: Hage, Emery, Beaudoin, Surin, Mustard, Shuravin, Skahan

It's tough to stay BPA instead of swaying further towards organizational need, but here goes:

#ProspectShotPos
1Macklin CelebriniLC
2Ivan DemidovLRW
3Zeev BuiumLD
4Cayden LindstromLC/LW
5Artyom LevshunovRD
6Sam DickinsonLD
7Anton SilayevLD
8Berkly CattonLC
9Konsta HeleniusRC
10Tij IginlaLC/RW
11Zayne ParekhRD
12Carter YakemchukRD
13Michael Brandsegg-NygardRRW/C
14Michael HageRC
15Cole EisermanLLW
16Igor ChernyshovRLW
17Stian SolbergLD
18Beckett SenneckeRRW
19Adam JiricekRD
20Liam GreentreeLRW
21Jett LuchankoRC
22EJ EmeryRD
23Cole BeaudoinLC
24Nikita ArtamonovLLW
25Sacha BoisvertLC
26Yegor SurinLLW/C
27Trevor ConnellyLLW
28Andrew BashaLLW
29Ryder RitchieRRW
30Dominik BadinkaRD
31Charlie ElickRD
32Emil HemmingRRW
33Terik ParascakRRW
34John MustardLC/LW
35Teddy StigaLC/LW
36Linus ErikssonLC
37Alfons FreijLD
38Matvei ShuravinLD
39Dean LetourneauRC
40Marek VanackerLLW
41Will SkahanLD
42Henry MewsRD
43Leo Sahlin WalleniusLD
44Cole HutsonLD
45Tanner HoweLLW
46Matvei GridinLLW
47Aron KiviharjuLD
48Leon MuggliLD
49Harrison BrunickeRD
50Julius MiettinenLC

Also came across this article on consensus lists. Suggests actual player tier pick ranges are: 1; 2; 3-14 (commonly accepted); 15-23 (much less discussed), 24-40s (pretty wide)

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
This might be copium because Eiserman was not a player I was interested in, but as the smoke thickens i've been warming to the idea of having our offense set around Celebrini+Eiserman and Smith on separate lines for the next 15 years. We can figure out D through trades or next year's draft (unless we win the lottery).

It's a risk but that risk is uniquely diminished because of the built-in Celebrini+Eiserman factor. but maybe that guarantees Celebrini will go back to school?

Reactions: YUPPY 2 7 10 11

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
This might be copium because Eiserman was not a player I was interested in, but as the smoke thickens i've been warming to the idea of having our offense set around Celebrini+Eiserman and Smith on separate lines for the next 15 years. We can figure out D through trades or next year's draft (unless we win the lottery).

It's a risk but that risk is uniquely diminished because of the built-in Celebrini+Eiserman factor. but maybe that guarantees Celebrini will go back to school?
au contraire, if we draft Eiserman Celebrini can expect to play with him down the road and San Jose and his presence at BU and the chance to play with him is less of a pull factor.

Anyway, I am 90% sure (in line with almost everything I have read) that he will turn pro.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
32 thoughts said looks like the Ducks target at 3rd is Buium. Whackkkk
Believe that was Marek while Friedman said Silayev. Guessing it will be one of those two, but would honestly prefer Buium because I think it causes more chaos (and he isn't falling to SJ anyway).

Reactions: Friday

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
Does anyone have a list of defensemen outside the top 6 guys here with strengths and weaknesses or at least, breakdown of their styles and likelihood of making the NHL?
I'm familiar with jiricek, Solberg and love ej Emery, but who can we realistically be looking at with 33? Does anyone have , say a range of 25 to 55 for dmen available?
Ask and you shall receive. My summaries are basic, so go straight to the draft profile link to find a detailed breakdown, thanks for three excellent amateur scouts on the HFboards over at the NJ Devils forums. One of them is a former semi-professional draft writer, and he was raving about Solberg BEFORE the late tourney success made him rise on everyone else's draft boards.

#
NameFtInWeightShotProjectionDraft Profile link
17Stian Solberg62205LDtwo-way D, great skater, top 20x
19Adam Jiricek63182RDpot. big min. two-way D, on the second pair, long injury set him backx
22EJ Emery63183RDpotential to become elite Shutdown D, with good puck skills. Perfect to pair with your offensive D.x
30Dominik Badinka63185RDphysical, high-effort and high-intelligence NHL shut down defenseman with good skating and breakout passingx
31Charlie Elick63202RDpotentially top four NHL D, Shut down D with speed and physicality. little offensive potential.x
37Alfons Freij61197LDOffensive D w/ high-risk play-style, can really skate & dangle, but with defensive red flags like shying away from physicalityx
38Matvei Shuravin64172LDShut-down D, strong skater, offensive potential, bad shotx
41Will Skahan65215LDphysical shutdown D, very good skater, great positioning, great vision, but limited in creativity with puck, hard but inaccurate shot.x
42Henry Mews60189RDOffensive D, exceptional skater, but can unravel when faced with adversityx
43Leo Sahlin Wallenius60180LDoffensive D, non-physical, inconsistentx
44Cole Hutson510165LDGreat at zone entries, but avg skating/undersized puts a big question mark on him, despite tourney success and relation to Lane H.. Ranked all over the place.x
47Aron Kiviharju510184LDPMD, injury made him miss most of the season.x
48Leon Muggli61177LDMobile shutdown Dx
49Harrison Brunicke63184RDtwo-way, big & mobile, 2nd pair Dx
51Adam Kleber66215RDphysical, solid defense, some offensive instincts, good but slower skaterx
53Jesse Pulkkinen66219LDOverager, Offensive D, good skater, error prone (but improving)x
54Daniil Ustinkov61201LDdefensive D, good passer, no red flagsx
59Veeti Vaisanen61188LDdefensive D, exceptional skater, some hidden offensive potentialx
60Ben Danford62191RDShutdown D.x

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
^Thank you. Lot of big, good skating d-men this year. BPA at 11 (and 1), but it'd be really sweet, if we walked away with a top 6 D, and two of these other guys. Though I might rather Buium than Parekh, Elick, and Danford as an example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad